Announce: MacTeX-2019

Herbert Schulz
Folks,

TeX Live 2019 and MacTeX-2019 were released today, right on schedule. MacTeX-2019 requires macOS 10.12, Sierra, or higher. It will take up to a week for MacTeX to be distributed to all of the CTAN repositories, so please wait a few days before attempting to download it.

The MacTeX web pages at http://tug.org/mactex have been updated for 2019.

The MacTeX binaries for TeX Live are called x86-64-darwin, for Sierra and above. Mojca Miklavek compiled a set of TeX Live 2019 binaries called x86_64-darwinlegacy which work on macOS 10.6, Snow Leopard, and higher, TeX Live 2019 contains both sets of binaries. The MacTeX home page contains a link named "Unix Download" which gives an alternate way to install the TeX Live 2019 piece of MacTeX and works on these earlier systems. Both MacTeX and the Unix Install give the same TeX distribution, fully configured for the Macintosh.

The CTAN servers also contain BasicTeX-2019 and Ghostscript-9.27. Both of these package require macOS 10.12, Sierra, or higher.

Good Luck,

Dick Koch
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Announce: MacTeX-2019

juan tolosa
I have just updated to the newest MacOsTeX, and I have a small inconvenience:

as soon as I click on a TeX file, Excalibur opens, and I can find no easy way to avoid this; this never happened in the past (I’ve been using MaOsTeX for about five years). What is the fastest way to tell  Excalibur "thank you, but no thanks?"

Thanks,
Juan

> On Apr 30, 2019, at 2:45 PM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> TeX Live 2019 and MacTeX-2019 were released today, right on schedule. MacTeX-2019 requires macOS 10.12, Sierra, or higher. It will take up to a week for MacTeX to be distributed to all of the CTAN repositories, so please wait a few days before attempting to download it.
>
> The MacTeX web pages at http://tug.org/mactex have been updated for 2019.
>
> The MacTeX binaries for TeX Live are called x86-64-darwin, for Sierra and above. Mojca Miklavek compiled a set of TeX Live 2019 binaries called x86_64-darwinlegacy which work on macOS 10.6, Snow Leopard, and higher, TeX Live 2019 contains both sets of binaries. The MacTeX home page contains a link named "Unix Download" which gives an alternate way to install the TeX Live 2019 piece of MacTeX and works on these earlier systems. Both MacTeX and the Unix Install give the same TeX distribution, fully configured for the Macintosh.
>
> The CTAN servers also contain BasicTeX-2019 and Ghostscript-9.27. Both of these package require macOS 10.12, Sierra, or higher.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Dick Koch
> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Announce: MacTeX-2019

Herbert Schulz
> On May 9, 2019, at 3:16 PM, juan tolosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have just updated to the newest MacOsTeX, and I have a small inconvenience:
>
> as soon as I click on a TeX file, Excalibur opens, and I can find no easy way to avoid this; this never happened in the past (I’ve been using MaOsTeX for about five years). What is the fastest way to tell  Excalibur "thank you, but no thanks?"
>
> Thanks,
> Juan

Howdy,

In Finder select any .tex file and type Cmd-I. Make sure the `Open With:' section is Open (triangle down) and select TeXShop from the popup list (you may have click on `Other…' and find it). Finally Click on `Change All…' and agree. From then on all .tex files with Open with TeXShop when Double-Clicked.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Announce: MacTeX-2019

juan tolosa
Thank you, Herb,