Bidi, etc.

If you work depends upon using bidi or those packages that depend upon bidi (e.g., I think  polyglossia with right to left languages) do NOT do a full update to TeX Live 2012 using tlmgr or TeX Live Utility until a problem is resolved. The maintainer of the bidi package, as well as some other packages, has requested that all his packages be removed from CTAN and therefore TeX Live.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

CapnKirk
Yeah, this arrived *after* I updated TexLive. :-(

Does anyone have a copy of bidi.sty they could send me -- or perhaps to the list?

Thanks!

Kirk

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Howdy,

If you work depends upon using bidi or those packages that depend upon bidi (e.g., I think  polyglossia with right to left languages) do NOT do a full update to TeX Live 2012 using tlmgr or TeX Live Utility until a problem is resolved. The maintainer of the bidi package, as well as some other packages, has requested that all his packages be removed from CTAN and therefore TeX Live.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

CapnKirk
With persistence, I found a mirror that had not yet removed the 01 Apr 2013 ver 12.1:

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Kirk Lowery <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah, this arrived *after* I updated TexLive. :-(

Does anyone have a copy of bidi.sty they could send me -- or perhaps to the list?

Thanks!

Kirk

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Howdy,

If you work depends upon using bidi or those packages that depend upon bidi (e.g., I think  polyglossia with right to left languages) do NOT do a full update to TeX Live 2012 using tlmgr or TeX Live Utility until a problem is resolved. The maintainer of the bidi package, as well as some other packages, has requested that all his packages be removed from CTAN and therefore TeX Live.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

--
Blessings,

Kirk
--
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD
President & Senior Research Fellow

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

Am 02.04.2013 um 18:16 schrieb Kirk Lowery:

> Does anyone have a copy of bidi.sty they could send me -- or perhaps to the
> list?

Tlmgr should backup what it removes…

One of the main causes of dust is janitors.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

CapnKirk
Where? (on a Linux box, that is)

BTW, just put it in ~/texmf and everything JustWorked(tm). :-)

Thanks!

Kirk

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Peter Dyballa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am 02.04.2013 um 18:16 schrieb Kirk Lowery:

> Does anyone have a copy of bidi.sty they could send me -- or perhaps to the
> list?

Tlmgr should backup what it removes…

One of the main causes of dust is janitors.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

Peter Dyballa

Am 02.04.2013 um 18:30 schrieb Kirk Lowery:

> Where?

/usr/local/texlive/2012/tlpkg/backups – by default.

"My goal is to be a meteorologist. But since I have no training in meteorology, I suppose I should try stock brokerage."

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

CapnKirk
Yep, bidi.r29572.tar.xz is right there. <sigh> I've been using TeXLive for years and LaTeX since the late 1980s, and I'm still learning new stuff... ;-)

Thanks again for your timely response!

Kirk

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Peter Dyballa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am 02.04.2013 um 18:30 schrieb Kirk Lowery:

> Where?

/usr/local/texlive/2012/tlpkg/backups – by default.

"My goal is to be a meteorologist. But since I have no training in meteorology, I suppose I should try stock brokerage."

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

Peter Dyballa

Am 02.04.2013 um 18:42 schrieb Kirk Lowery:

> I've been using TeXLive for years and LaTeX since the late 1980s

…and I am reading it (partly, repetitively). For example:

        texdoc texdoc
        texdoc tlmgr

To be is to do.
                        – I. Kant
To do is to be.
                        – A. Sartre
Yabba-Dabba-Doo!
                        – F. Flintstone

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

On Apr 2, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Kirk Lowery <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yep, bidi.r29572.tar.xz is right there. <sigh> I've been using TeXLive for years and LaTeX since the late 1980s, and I'm still learning new stuff... ;-)
>
> Thanks again for your timely response!
>
> Kirk
>
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Peter Dyballa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am 02.04.2013 um 18:30 schrieb Kirk Lowery:
>
> > Where?
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2012/tlpkg/backups – by default.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete
Howdy,

And you can actually use TeX Live Utility (via tlmgr of course) to restore the bidi you have backed up.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

CapnKirk
Very cool! I have *got* to RTFM!

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Apr 2, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Kirk Lowery <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yep, bidi.r29572.tar.xz is right there. <sigh> I've been using TeXLive for years and LaTeX since the late 1980s, and I'm still learning new stuff... ;-)
>
> Thanks again for your timely response!
>
> Kirk
>
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Peter Dyballa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am 02.04.2013 um 18:30 schrieb Kirk Lowery:
>
> > Where?
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2012/tlpkg/backups – by default.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete

Howdy,

And you can actually use TeX Live Utility (via tlmgr of course) to restore the bidi you have backed up.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Blessings,

Kirk
--
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD
President & Senior Research Fellow
The J. Alan Groves Center for Advanced Biblical Research
http://www.GrovesCenter.org/blogs/kirk
--
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> If you work depends upon using bidi or those packages that depend upon bidi (e.g., I think  polyglossia with right to left languages) do NOT do a full update to TeX Live 2012 using tlmgr or TeX Live Utility until a problem is resolved. The maintainer of the bidi package, as well as some other packages, has requested that all his packages be removed from CTAN and therefore TeX Live.

For your information bidi is back in CTAN and TeX Live 2012. It may take another day or two for your local repository to get updated but it came back on my update today.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

CapnKirk
Thanks! I'm impressed with the quick turnaround.

Kirk

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> If you work depends upon using bidi or those packages that depend upon bidi (e.g., I think  polyglossia with right to left languages) do NOT do a full update to TeX Live 2012 using tlmgr or TeX Live Utility until a problem is resolved. The maintainer of the bidi package, as well as some other packages, has requested that all his packages be removed from CTAN and therefore TeX Live.

For your information bidi is back in CTAN and TeX Live 2012. It may take another day or two for your local repository to get updated but it came back on my update today.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Bidi, etc.

On Apr 4, 2013, at 6:33 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> If you work depends upon using bidi or those packages that depend upon bidi (e.g., I think  polyglossia with right to left languages) do NOT do a full update to TeX Live 2012 using tlmgr or TeX Live Utility until a problem is resolved. The maintainer of the bidi package, as well as some other packages, has requested that all his packages be removed from CTAN and therefore TeX Live.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>>

> Howdy,
>
> For your information bidi is back in CTAN and TeX Live 2012. It may take another day or two for your local repository to get updated but it came back on my update today.

Today's TLU update brought back most of the other packages that were removed along with bidi. It appears that TeX Live 2012 will be frozen very shortly for work on TeX Live 2013 so don't expect many more updates after this one, if any at all.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/