ChkTeX GUI for TeXShop

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno

Re: ChkTeX GUI for TeXShop

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno
Aloha,

Ralph Martin found a nasty bug (files with spaces weren't handled, led me to a much bigger bug, i.e., non-ascii characters weren't handled). I think that I have fixed them, so I have uploaded version 1.2: <http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/index.html#ChkTeXforTeXShop>.

Let me document one of the fixes here (that way when someone Googles the same problem they might find the solution). Part of the work of "ChkTeX for TeXShop" is handled by an application that uses the Web Page display capabilities of Platypus 4.0 <http://www.sveinbjorn.org/platypus>. Now, the two considerations to make here are:

1. The meta tag must be: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
2. The output should be piped through iconv: | iconv -f UTF-8 -t LATIN1 --unicode-subst="&#%u;"

Both of these fixes are because the web page has to be iso-8859-1 encoded.

Enjoy!

Ramón

Re: ChkTeX GUI for TeXShop

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno
Aloha,

I uploaded version 1.3. It has a number of new features, including:

1. ChkTeX binary embedded.
2. Tooltips for the warnings.
3. Handling of long lines.
4. Much better layout.

As usual you can find it in my web page <http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/index.html#ChkTeXforTeXShop>.

Enjoy!

Ramón

P.S.: for a while this is the last version, unless there are important bugs to be fixed
(and that I can fix).