Compiling using pdflatexmk mode

Themis Matsoukas-6
Hi,

I was sent a latex file with the instruction to run it using pdflatexmk mode. How do I do that in TexShop?

Themis
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Compiling using pdflatexmk mode

Herbert Schulz
> On Jul 31, 2019, at 4:35 AM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was sent a latex file with the instruction to run it using pdflatexmk mode. How do I do that in TexShop?
>
> Themis

Howdy,

First you need to make sure the pdflatexmk engine is active; if you've had TeXShop installed for MANY years it may not be there. With the Source file open TeXShop click on the Program popup menu in the Source Toolbar and see that pdflatexmk is on the list of active engines. If pdflatexmk isn't on the list you need to activate the pdflatexmk engine by copy the pdflatexmk.engine file from ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk two levels up, to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines, and restart TeXShop. (NOTE: Recent versions of TeXShop had a `TeXShop->Open ~/Library/TeXShop' Menu Item which will open the base folder for you if your ~/Library folder is hidden.)

Once you know that the pdflatexmk engine is active the rest is Simple... Place the line

% !TEX program = pdflatexmk

near the top of the file if it isn't already there. Then typeset using Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T). That's it! TeXShop's pdflatexmk engine runs pdflatex as many time as needed along with intermediate runs of bibtex (or biber --- chosen automatically) and makeindex as needed.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Compiling using pdflatexmk mode

Themis Matsoukas-6
Thanks!