Conflict with Little Snitch

AJG Baeumel
After having installed the MacTeX 2019, I am receiving a message from Little Snitch:
"The identity check detected a modification of the program. Therefore all of its connections were denied as a precaution."
What is happening here and why?
How can I rectify the block without disabling Little Snitch?

AJG Baeumel   [hidden email]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please  notify the System Manager and thereafter delete the e-mail from our system.  The System Manager may be contacted at [hidden email]

E-mail transmission is not secure and information can be intercepted,  corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed or incomplete.  The sender does not accept any liability for errors or omissions arising as a result of e-mail transmission or interception.  Please note that incoming e-mails are routinely scanned for the purpose of detecting offensive or inappropriate materials.�

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Conflict with Little Snitch

Herbert Schulz
> On May 27, 2019, at 10:27 AM, AJG Baeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> After having installed the MacTeX 2019, I am receiving a message from Little Snitch:
> "The identity check detected a modification of the program. Therefore all of its connections were denied as a precaution."
> What is happening here and why?
> How can I rectify the block without disabling Little Snitch?
>

> AJG Baeumel   mailto:[hidden email]

Howdy,

What program is it referring to? You can go into the Little Snitch Configuration program and allow that program any connection. I'd guess it's one of the GUI applications that's trying to see if there is an update.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Conflict with Little Snitch

AJG Baeumel
I am getting the following feedback from the network filter regarding
TeX Live Utility and TeX Live Utility via perl5.18:
Suspicious process!
The code signature of the process has a formal error. This probably indicates that somebody is trying to pretend a valid code signature, or that the developer used inappropriate, non-standard tools to create the signature.

I did not encounter this issue before with MacTeX 2018, 2017 etc.?

AJG Baeumel   [hidden email]

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please  notify the System Manager and thereafter delete the e-mail from our system.  The System Manager may be contacted at [hidden email]

E-mail transmission is not secure and information can be intercepted,  corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed or incomplete.  The sender does not accept any liability for errors or omissions arising as a result of e-mail transmission or interception.  Please note that incoming e-mails are routinely scanned for the purpose of detecting offensive or inappropriate materials.c

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Conflict with Little Snitch

AJG Baeumel
Seems to be an issue with the download.
Sorry for the hasty posting, and thank you for your forbearance.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

[...]

E-mail transmission is not secure and information can be intercepted,  corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed or incomplete.  The sender does not accept any liability for errors or omissions arising as a result of e-mail transmission or interception.  Please note that incoming e-mails are routinely scanned for the purpose of detecting offensive or inappropriate materials.Z

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/