Fwd: Request from Amin about runing

Richard Koch-2
The MacTeX install package installs

1) TeX Live

2) Ghostscript

3) Some GUI applications, including TeXShop, a front end in which users edit their source and call TeX to typeset, and then examine the pdf output.

4) a README document explaining how to get started.

The disadvantage of a Unix install is that you only get 1). You probably don't need Ghostscript, and getting a version which runs on your operating system will be tricky.

However, you can get TeXShop at

Try the latest version 4.27 first. It might have trouble on your older system, but if it does, several older versions are also available at the same site.

Richard Koch

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Amin.Darbandi--- via mactex-support" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Request from Amin about runing
Date: July 2, 2019 at 11:28:57 PM PDT

Support requested by: Amin
About:                runing
Computer:             mac pro Intel 2011
MacOS X:              10.11.6
Installer problem:    yes
.dmg version date:
.dmg file size:
Downloaded from:
Application problem:  no
Which application:

Question:

Dear MacTeX,

I used the instruction on Unix Install of TeXLive 2019 page in order to install, it went well, I havent changed the installation location but I cant find any Latex in my application to run it.

Regards

Amin

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/