Ghostscript 9.26

Richard Koch-2
Folks,

Ghostscript 9.26 was released on November 20, 2018. There is an install package for this distribution on my web site:

        http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/

Older versions of Ghostscript are also available there. In case of trouble, install an older version on top of this latest version,

Thanks to Bruno Voisin for noticing this release and testing it. Bruno also provided the precise method used for this and earlier releases for the Mac to make them maximally effective with LaTeX.

Richard Koch
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Ghostscript 9.26

Richard Koch-2
Vic,

I'm probably older than you are and I have the same problem.

Rather than answering your question, I'm going to show you how to answer this and similar questions yourself.

Go to Safari. At the top, type "history of macOS" or something like that. You will immediately get back a list of links including a Wikipedia web page with exactly the information you need.

I know because I remember versions of macOS by name, but need to type the number in XCode when I say which versions of macOS my program supports. I must have gone to this Wikipedia page 30 times in the last year.

This hint works even better for LaTeX. Search engines know an amazing amount about TeX. Every so often someone asks me why a certain style file, say thesisUO.sty,  no longer works. I don't know, but in Safari I type "thesisUO.sty and latex 2.18" and bang, there is a detailed bug report about thesisUO.sty and all the fixes.

Dick Koch

> On Nov 30, 2018, at 8:17 AM, Vic Norton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 29, 2018, at 12:59 PM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> Ghostscript 9.26 was released on November 20, 2018. There is an install package for this distribution on my web site:
>>
>> http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/
>

> At this link we see
>   Ghostscript 9.26 was released November 20, 2018. ... The package works
>   on macOS Yosemite and above, ...
> My problem is that I am old; I can’t remember names. I am on macOS 10.12.6, which my iMac says is “Sierra”. Does “Yosemite” come before or after “Sierra”. If I knew the “Yosemite” system number, I would have no problem. I do understand the order of numbers.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vic

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Ghostscript 9.26

Richard Koch-2
PS: Of course "latex 2.18" makes no sense; I should write "latex". But the search engine would probably ignore "2.18" and give the answer anyway.

Dick
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/