HTML Console Prototype 1.0 (for TeXShop)

HTML Console Prototype 1.0 (for TeXShop)

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno
Aloha,

Here <http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/index.html#HTMLConsole> is a working prototype of a replacement console for TeXShop.

It showcases what could be done if TeXShop's console was a WebKit window and the user could replace or improve the parser for it, which was written on a scripting language of her or his choice. Just like Herb Schulz's wonderful set of latexmk engines, or Claus Gerhardt's Macros , this could be a portion of TeXShop that could grow and have functionality added by the users. Such a console would allow us to also display, with hyperlinks, the output of utilities such as TeXCount and ChkTeX directly from within TeXShop. One could easily write a utility that searches a source document for a term (or regexp) and displays a copy of it with every match highlighted and hyperlinked to the source code.

It is a prototype, because there are certain things that can only be done from within TeXShop.

(Thanks to Michael Sharpe, for taking the time to explain to me how to run the current parser this prototype uses).

Ramón

Balancing Parentheses in Texshop

David Arnold-2
All,

I am running the latest Texshop (2.33).

1. ) I know that when you type a closing delimiter, the matching delimiter will blink for a moment. But is there any way of highlighting text between matching delimiters in Texshop? In BBEdit, for example, I can put my cursor outside a closing brace, hit Command-B, and the opening brace, closing brace, and all text inbetween is highlighted, an extremely valuable tool. Can Texshop do this?

2.) One of the toughest things for users new to latex is finding a missing delimiter. "Runaway argument" is the most common thing that stymies my students. When I was a windows users, I was a big fan of WinEdt. I believe you could hit Ctrl+F12 (or some similar keystroke combination) and a macro would then "delimit check" the entire document, stopping when in  the source where it encountered a problem. Another extremely valuable tool. Can folks share any similar technology that works on the Mac, particularly if it can be used as a macro in Texshop?

Thanks,

David.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Balancing Parentheses in Texshop

David Arnold-2
Dick,

Aha! Very Good!

I managed to find this in the help files after receiving this post.

I do hate to pick up the mouse when I am writing though and would prefer a keystroke combination. Possible?

D.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Balancing Parentheses in Texshop

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno
Aloha David,

Here <http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/index.html#CheckLaTeXBE> is a macro in TeXShop that accomplishes #2.

Time permitting, I will write one that implements #1.

Enjoy!

Ramón

Re: Balancing Parentheses in Texshop

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno
Aloha,

I think you are replying to a private communication here. Can you share the (jest) of that reply?

Mahalo,

Ramón

Re: Balancing Parentheses in Texshop

Rob Rye-2
The gist of Dick's response was at the bottom of David's note:

> Double click a [, ], {, or } to select all text between it and its match.

Cheers,

Rob

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/