Help compiling "Pretty Print LaTeX"

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno
Aloha,

I would like to compile "Pretty Print LaTeX" in OSX. Can someone explain how to do it, or provide a binary?

Thanks,

Ramón

Re: Help compiling "Pretty Print LaTeX"

Peter Dyballa

Am 22.3.2012 um 18:47 schrieb Ramón Figueroa-Centeno:

> I would like to compile "Pretty Print LaTeX" in OSX. Can someone explain how
> to do it, or provide a binary?

Is "pdflatex <the document>" failing? Have you tried "latex <the document>"? Or some other TeX engine?

There are very few jobs that actually require a penis or vagina. All other jobs should be open to everybody.
                                – Florynce Kennedy

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Help compiling "Pretty Print LaTeX"

David Watson-2
If you download the source file, there is a file named "README.txt" that discusses the requirements for compiling pplatex.

You will need to go to the websites listed in that file to find the source for scons and PCRE.

Follow the directions for the installation of those packages and you can then use scons to build pplatex.

If you need apple developer tools to compile these programs, you may go to developer.apple.com to create a free developer account so that you can download the tools, or, if you have the latest versions of Snow Leopard, you can download them directly from the App Store.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Help compiling "Pretty Print LaTeX"

On Mar 22, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> I would like to compile "Pretty Print LaTeX" in OSX. Can someone explain how
> to do it, or provide a binary?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ramón

Howdy,

What is ``Pretty Print LaTeX''? Are you talking about pretty printing the source code or typesetting the source into a pdf?

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Help compiling "Pretty Print LaTeX"

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno
Aloha Herb,

It is a program to parse the error log.

I am revising the scripts that I wrote a while back to typeset from my iPad, and that can be used with TeX Touch, and I want to have simplified error log.

I tried rubber-info <https://launchpad.net/rubber> but it does not work well with the logs that latexmk outputs.

Mahalo,

Ramón