How use mkjobtexmf with TeXShop?

Murray Eisenberg
How, exactly, should one go about using mkobtexmf from, or in conjunction with, the pdflatexmk engine in TeXShop?

By using mkobjexmf, I want to capture the tree of all the source files I’m using, including some .sty files of my own (the latter not being in the tree whose root is the main .tex source file!).

---
Murray Eisenberg [hidden email]
503 King Farm Blvd #101 Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667 Mobile (413)-427-5334

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: How use mkjobtexmf with TeXShop?

Herbert Schulz
> On Mar 6, 2018, at 1:55 PM, Murray Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> How, exactly, should one go about using mkobtexmf from, or in conjunction with, the pdflatexmk engine in TeXShop?
>
> By using mkobjexmf, I want to capture the tree of all the source files I’m using, including some .sty files of my own (the latter not being in the tree whose root is the main .tex source file!).

Howdy,

I can't find information about or even mkobtexmf itself. Can you point me in the right direction?

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: How use mkjobtexmf with TeXShop?

Murray Eisenberg
/usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/scripts/mkjobtexmf

texdoc mkjobtexmf

On 6 Mar2018, at 3:21 PM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mar 6, 2018, at 1:55 PM, Murray Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

How, exactly, should one go about using mkobtexmf from, or in conjunction with, the pdflatexmk engine in TeXShop?

By using mkobjexmf, I want to capture the tree of all the source files I’m using, including some .sty files of my own (the latter not being in the tree whose root is the main .tex source file!).

Howdy,

I can't find information about or even mkobtexmf itself. Can you point me in the right direction?

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

---

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: How use mkjobtexmf with TeXShop?

Herbert Schulz
> On Mar 6, 2018, at 2:31 PM, Murray Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/scripts/mkjobtexmf
>
> texdoc mkjobtexmf
>

>> On 6 Mar2018, at 3:21 PM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mar 6, 2018, at 1:55 PM, Murray Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> How, exactly, should one go about using mkobtexmf from, or in conjunction with, the pdflatexmk engine in TeXShop?
>>>
>>> By using mkobjexmf, I want to capture the tree of all the source files I’m using, including some .sty files of my own (the latter not being in the tree whose root is the main .tex source file!).
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I can't find information about or even mkobtexmf itself. Can you point me in the right direction?
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Doesn't mkjobtexmf run once on the source file and gather the other files? In that case why would you need to use latexmk? Once you know the parameters you need you could make an engine that does the job. Actually, you could write an engine that gets parameters for a given run from the $2 argument from the `% !TEX parameter = ...' directive.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: How use mkjobtexmf with TeXShop?

Alain Schremmer-2

On , at 2018 Mar 6,2:55 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> How, exactly, should one go about using mkobtexmf from, or in conjunction with, the pdflatexmk engine in TeXShop?
>
> By using mkobjexmf, I want to capture the tree of all the source files I’m using, including some .sty files of my own (the latter not being in the tree whose root is the main .tex source file!).

Not sure what you mean but you might want to have a look at the alternative I described here on April 22, 2016

Regards
--schremmer

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/