Quantcast

Lua?

David Arnold-2
All,

Is Lua installed as part of Texlive Mactex? If so, how to access it?

David

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Lua?

Michael Welsh
On 16/02/2011, at 8:22 PM, David Arnold wrote:
> All,
>
> Is Lua installed as part of Texlive Mactex?
Yes.
> If so, how to access it?
luatex (or lualatex) on the commandline. Not sure how to get the engine into TeXShop though.

> David
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

http://yomcat.geek.nz

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Lua?

Alain Matthes

Le 16 févr. 2011 à 10:37, Michael Welsh a écrit :

> On 16/02/2011, at 8:22 PM, David Arnold wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Is Lua installed as part of Texlive Mactex?
> Yes.
>> If so, how to access it?
> luatex (or lualatex) on the commandline. Not sure how to get the engine into TeXShop though.

Hello,

A minimal version is  used by  luatex and lualatex
If you work with lua outside TeX you can install Lua inside /usr/local/bin.
It's not a problem and it's easy

One sample with TexShop ( the main problem is to use a font; I would like to
use utopia and fourier but I don't know how to do this !

%!TEX TS-program = lualatex

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{luainputenc}
\parindent = 0pt
\begin{document}

\newcommand{\euclide}[2]{%
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{|c|c|c|}
\hline
\directlua{a,b = #1,#2
if a < b then a,b = b,a end
r = a-math.floor(a/b)*b
tex.sprint(a .. "&" .. b .. "&" .. r .. [[\noexpand\\]])
while r > 0 do
  a,b = b,r
  r = a-math.floor(a/b)*b
  tex.sprint(a .. "&" .. b .. "&" .. r .. [[\noexpand\\]])
end}
\hline
\end{tabular}
\end{center}}

\euclide{587}{389}

\end{document}

Best regards

Alain Matthes

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Lua?

On Feb 16, 2011, at 3:37 AM, Michael Welsh wrote:

> On 16/02/2011, at 8:22 PM, David Arnold wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Is Lua installed as part of Texlive Mactex?
> Yes.
>> If so, how to access it?
> luatex (or lualatex) on the commandline. Not sure how to get the engine into TeXShop though.
>>
>> David

Howdy,

The lua(la)tex engines come with the latest versions of TeXShop. Don't remember if they are activated by default. If not they can be activated by moving them from ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/LuaTeX/ two directories ``up'' to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ and restarting TeXShop. The engines should then appear in the popup engine list on the Source and Preview window toolbar. The tell TeXShop to always use the lulatex engine for a given file place the line

% !TEX TS-program = lualatex

near the top of the source file and then Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T) will execute that engine automatically. If your document has cross-references, a bibliography (or bibliographies) and/or an index (or indexes) there is also a lualatexmk engine that will take care of all the processing necessary to get a final document which can be found in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk/. Activate it in the same way as for the lualatex engine.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Lua?

On Feb 16, 2011, at 3:46 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 16 févr. 2011 à 10:37, Michael Welsh a écrit :
>
>> On 16/02/2011, at 8:22 PM, David Arnold wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Is Lua installed as part of Texlive Mactex?
>> Yes.
>>> If so, how to access it?
>> luatex (or lualatex) on the commandline. Not sure how to get the engine into TeXShop though.
>>>

> Hello,
>
> A minimal version is  used by  luatex and lualatex
> If you work with lua outside TeX you can install Lua inside /usr/local/bin.
> It's not a problem and it's easy
>
> One sample with TexShop ( the main problem is to use a font; I would like to
> use utopia and fourier but I don't know how to do this !

For something like fourier (which is a standard LaTeX package and uses Utopia as the base font) just use it like you would for an ordinary LaTeX document. To use OTF fonts use fontspec as you would with xelatex.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Lua?

Am 16.02.2011 um 08:22 schrieb David Arnold:

> Is Lua installed as part of Texlive Mactex?

No. A bit of Lua support is installed. And inside lua(la)tex (four
times as big as pdftex, one quarter the size of xetex) is a Lua
interpreter. In TeX Live 2010 source code you can find Lua 5.1
sources. Because of the embedded Lua interpreter lua(la)tex can
interpret Lua code embedded inside a TeX (source) file.

Lua can be installed with Fink or MacPorts.

"Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have
'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM."

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: Lua?

Richard Koch
Folks,

MacTeX installs, in /Applications/TeX, a folder named LuaTeX--and-XeTeX.
This folder contains a document by Will Robertson called "Using OpenType fonts
in LuaLaTeX". The document comes with source, to be compiled in LuaLaTeX.
(At the top, a comment explains how to activate appropriate engines in TeXShop.)

The same folder contains a document, LuaTeX and XeTeX, (but named READ ME.pdf)
explaining the role of these two programs. It contains two XeTeX samples, XeTeX-1
and XeTeX-2, with source, and a document, context-hagen.tex showing the use
of ConTeXt with Lua.

Also consult ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive for TeXShop engines for
these various typesetting options.

Note that Lua is under active development. The installed documents
contain information we could provide for casual users wishing to use the
programs, as of the moment we produced MacTeX.

Dick Koch
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/