[Mac OS X TeX] BibTex errors using TexShop

[Mac OS X TeX] BibTex errors using TexShop

Fredrik Wallenberg

<x-flowed>I get the following message in the Tex console:

This is BibTeX, Version 0,99c (Web2C 7.3.1)
The top-level auxiliary file: stickyweb.aux
The style file: plain.bst
Database file#1: FWBibiliography.bib
Sorry---you've exceeded BibTeX's buffer size 5000
Aborted at line 0 of file FWBibiliography.bib
(That was a fatal error)

Is there anyone who knows how to fix this (it is probably trivial, but I
haven't found the answer documented in any of the "easy to access"
sources).

Thanks,

Fredrik

[Mac OS X TeX] BibTex errors using TexShop

Martin Stokhof

<x-flowed>Probably the problem is that your .bib file has Mac line feeds
whereas the BibTeX that comes with TeXShop expects Unix line feeds
(and hence reads your file as one big line). You can open the file in
BBedit and save it in Unix format.

Martin Stokhof