[Mac OS X TeX] Excalibur 4.0b1

Johann Beda-3

On 2001/06/27, at 12:25 PM -0400, Rick Zaccone wrote:
>>B) I can't open my .tex files. I suspect it looks at the creator/type,
>>but documents created in OS X don't necessarily have a resource fork.
>
>Excalibur does look at the file type.  It will open any TEXT file.  I
>guess TeXShop files aren't TEXT files.  Shouldn't they be?  Excalibur
>doesn't care if the file has a resource fork and you don't need one to
>have a file type.

        I think that some OS X programs save files with with either the
file type as "????" or as blank.  I would hope that TeXShop would at least
save them as file type TEXT, but I guess it doesn't.

        Perhaps Excalibur should also check for any .tex or .txt extension?
Or be able to drag and drop for any type of file?  Or for "????"/blank file
types?

--
* johann beda   <XNSName: =j-beda> <http://pobox.com/~j-beda/>   *

[Mac OS X TeX] Type/Creator codes

J. Stark

Note that there is a bug in the Cocoa Application Framework that prevents
Cocoa apps handling type/creator codes correctly, see

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1039.html

This may account for some of the problems that have been reported in this
direction. I don't know if it specifically affects TeXShop.

The above page also gives a patch that developers can include in their code
to fix this on a application by application basis, until Apple fixes the
bug.

Jaroslav

> I think that some OS X programs save files with with either the
>file type as "????" or as blank.  I would hope that TeXShop would at least
>save them as file type TEXT, but I guess it doesn't.
>
> Perhaps Excalibur should also check for any .tex or .txt extension?
>Or be able to drag and drop for any type of file?  Or for "????"/blank file
>types?
>
>--
>* johann beda   <XNSName: =j-beda> <http://pobox.com/~j-beda/>   *

Prof. Jaroslav Stark,                                 Tel:  +44-(0)20-7679-1368
Centre for Nonlinear Dynamics                         Fax:  +44-(0)20-7380-0986
  and its Applications                                E-Mail: [hidden email]
University College London,
Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK.

WWW: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucess2j/home.html