[Mac OS X TeX] How to install *.cls files for TeXShop?

[Mac OS X TeX] How to install *.cls files for TeXShop?

Troy Goodson

<x-flowed>I downloaded an AIAA (unofficial) LaTeX package
<http://abftp.larc.nasa.gov/~kleb/aiaa/>.  I did a little detective
work and found out that I could set a variable, TEXINPUTS, to use
it's *.cls file.  Now, I did that and pdfLaTeX finds the file when
run from the command line.  When TeXShop runs pdfLaTeX, it doesn't
find it.  What to do?

I set the variable in my .cshrc.  Clearly, my .cshrc file isn't being
run for TeXShop.

[Mac OS X TeX] How to install *.cls files for TeXShop?

michael murray-6

<x-flowed>>I downloaded an AIAA (unofficial) LaTeX package

><http://abftp.larc.nasa.gov/~kleb/aiaa/>.  I did a little detective
>work and found out that I could set a variable, TEXINPUTS, to use
>it's *.cls file.  Now, I did that and pdfLaTeX finds the file when
>run from the command line.  When TeXShop runs pdfLaTeX, it doesn't
>find it.  What to do?
>
>I set the variable in my .cshrc.  Clearly, my .cshrc file isn't
>being run for TeXShop.

>For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.
Hi

Either

(i) have a look on the TeXShop web page at the very bottom.  There is
a discussion  about how to setup a local texmf tree for your `own'
inputs
files.  or

(ii) navigate into the system texmf tree and put the .cls
in whatever looks like the right place.  You'll need to sudo to root
to be able to do this. Then run `texhash' as root.  I think it should
work then.

If that doesn't work you have gone beyond my knowledge of UNIX (not hard
to do :-) )

MIchael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: [hidden email]
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt

[Mac OS X TeX] How to install *.cls files for TeXShop?

Jérome Laurens

>I downloaded an AIAA (unofficial) LaTeX package
><http://abftp.larc.nasa.gov/~kleb/aiaa/>.  I did a little detective
>work and found out that I could set a variable, TEXINPUTS, to use
>it's *.cls file.  Now, I did that and pdfLaTeX finds the file when
>run from the command line.  When TeXShop runs pdfLaTeX, it doesn't
>find it.  What to do?
>
>I set the variable in my .cshrc.  Clearly, my .cshrc file isn't being
>run for TeXShop.

TeXshop does not launch its tex jobs through a terminal and does not read for
environment variables. It would be difficult to do such things because people
may use different shells (sh, csh, bash...) and the variables may differ.

You should put your extra classes in the right location of your texmf
ditribution,
anyone but me expert in tetex will answer you.

        LAURENS Jerome
Analyse Appliquee & Optimisation      tel : (+33) (0)3 80 39 58 76
    9 Avenue Alain Savary             fax : (+33) (0)3 80 39 58 90
            BP 47870               courriel : [hidden email]
     F-21078 DIJON Cedex