[Mac OS X TeX] OzTeX as a dvi viewer

David R. Morrison

For other OzTeX fans out there:

I've written a little OSX application which enables files with a ".dvi"
extension to be launched by (Classic) OzTeX 4.0, via double-clicking.
It is not perfect, but it should be useful until a Carbonized version
of OzTeX becomes available.

You can find it at:

  <http://www.math.duke.edu/~drm/OTeX/>

Enjoy!

  -- Dave Morrison

[Mac OS X TeX] Alpha editor update

Michael Goldweber

<x-flowed>Given the prior thread regarding editor environments under OS X:

        After installing both tcl and tk (out of the box compilations
>from source distributions found at gnu-darwin on SourceForge) I
installed alphaTK.

While alphaTK certainly worked, under Tenon's XTools package it was
too slow to be a viable alternative.  Open question: Is alphaTK, the
tcl/tk ports or XTools the culprit?