[Mac OS X TeX] Phantom Prosperity

Michel Durinx

<x-flowed>Hi

1. Is it just my impression, or does teTeX not support \phantoms ? I use
and misuse them extensively and happily,
so would miss them greatly. teTeX does seem to recognize them, as it
does not give an error, but on the other hand it does not properly
process them: it ignores them. Am I right, is there an alternative,
what's the situation?

2. How about landscape-mode (as in:
\documentclass[12pt,landscape]{article}  ) ?  In the preview, the text
falls of the page (no worry, Mac previewers have never been able if it
comes to rotating and picture-ing)--- but oh no, it is there to stay on
the final pdf version... I would like to use the PROSPER class for
making very nice looking powerpoint-like presentations not only without
the help or nice mr. Gates but also including math.
Has anyone been able to run it under OS X (in my case: preferably
TeXShop+teTeX). By the way, it's never ran properly under OS 9
(Alpha+Oztex) either, on my Mac.  'Must be a bounding box thing', ok,
but how to solve it?

hopefully,
Michel <CRASH! Kernel panic! Kaoz! ok, my work here is done> Durinx
<AKA the NextGenerationFool2.1, the improvement in fooling IdiotProof
(tm) programs>

[Mac OS X TeX] Phantom Prosperity

Joshua S. Hodas

<x-flowed>>I would like to use the PROSPER class for making very nice looking
>powerpoint-like presentations not only without the help or nice mr.
>Gates but also including math.
>Has anyone been able to run it under OS X (in my case: preferably
>TeXShop+teTeX). By the way, it's never ran properly under OS 9
>(Alpha+Oztex) either, on my Mac.  'Must be a bounding box thing',
>ok, but how to solve it?

I have successfully used Prosper to prepare a talk last week using CMacTex.
This is, as far as I know, the only option, as it requires pstricks which
does not work with  TeXShop (or any pdflatex based system).

Note that what I did was use the CMacTeX installation that builds off
the texmf installation
>from TeXshop. This has all the stuff you need other than prosper itself.

In contrast, when I tried a straight CMacTeX installation under 9.1
with its own
texmf there were a variety of packages missing.

I do wish there were a way to make this work under TeXshop, as it is
a much friendlier
setup, but I guess the architectural problems are too deep.  It would
be  nice if
CMacTex could provide a single command to tex-dvips-ps2pdf-display.

Note also that I had to reboot in 9.1 to actually give my show.
Acrobat 5.0 (the carbon
version) flashes white between slide changes when in full-screen
mode. (Version 4.0
just displayed only white in full-screen mode, so this is an improvement.)

Also, I am a bit confused in that there seem to be font problems
(partially blank pages)
viewing the created pdfs in apples previewer. This is odd because the
sample pdfs that
come with prosper all display fine.

Josh