[Mac OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1 - 04/29/01

[Mac OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1 - 04/29/01

Gary L. Gray
On 05/06/2001 at 12:08 PM -0400, Johann Beda wrote:

> I was suprised that my subscription did not generate a "you must
>
> If a confirmation option is available with the mailing list
>software, I suggest it be turned on - it helps cut down on people being
>subscribed against their will, and helps limit spam since many spammers use
>bad return addresses.

I am running LetterRip on an old PowerMac 7100 and I am pretty sure
that it does not have a confirmation option.

Fortunately, we haven't had any spurious messages posted to the list
in the last few days and hopefully this will continue. If we start
getting inundated with junk mail then I can institute some additional
measures (e.g., turning it into a moderated list or only allowing
postings from subscribers)

Best regards,
--
    Gary L. Gray
    Associate Professor

[Mac OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1 - 04/29/01

Christian Smith
On Sunday, May 06, 2001 at 12:17, [hidden email] (Gary L. Gray) wrote:

> I am running LetterRip on an old PowerMac 7100 and I am pretty sure
> that it does not have a confirmation option.

It does but it is enabaled by running an AppleScript pre-processor.
That's not as hard as it sounds and is well covered in the manual.

--
Christian Smith  |  [hidden email]  |  http://web.barebones.com
PGP Fingerprint  -  60E5 2216 97D2 1D1A B923 F036 00A9 CEC0 D411 FA89

On 05/06/2001 at 7:59 PM -0400, Christian Smith wrote:

>On Sunday, May 06, 2001 at 12:17, [hidden email] (Gary L. Gray) wrote:
>
>>  I am running LetterRip on an old PowerMac 7100 and I am pretty sure
>>  that it does not have a confirmation option.
>
>It does but it is enabaled by running an AppleScript pre-processor.
>That's not as hard as it sounds and is well covered in the manual.

Cool! Thanks so much. I have it up and running. Hopefully this will
help alleviate the numerous bad subscriptions that I get on my lists.

All the best,