[Mac OS X TeX] Re: [Textures] Textures and Mac OS X - an editorial

[Mac OS X TeX] Re: [Textures] Textures and Mac OS X - an editorial

Arthur E. Ogus

<x-flowed>My understanding is that Blue Sky is still trying to evaluate the
cost of and the market for its various options.  Communicate with
them and try to tell them what you want.
--
Arthur Ogus

[Mac OS X TeX] Re: [Textures] Textures and Mac OS X - an editorial

karim daho

<x-flowed>We want Textures to work on MacOSX
On fredag, juni 1, 2001, at 10:09 , Arthur Ogus wrote:

> My understanding is that Blue Sky is still trying to evaluate the cost
> of and the market for its various options.  Communicate with them and
> try to tell them what you want.
> -- Arthur Ogus

> For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

[Mac OS X TeX] Re: [Textures] Textures and Mac OS X - an editorial

Martin Stokhof

<x-flowed>I think my feelings on this issue are more or less in agreement with the
majority of the opinions I've read so far.  But since Gary Gray asked
people to respond I'll state them anyway.
I've been using Textures since I don't know how long (before postscript
CM fonts anyway). But I want to (and soon will need to) make the switch
to OS X. So I've downloaded TeXShop and CMacTeX and starting using them.
I really appreciate the efforts that Richard Koch and Tom Kiffe and
others have put into these applications, and I am grateful to them for
making the results freely available. But I must admit that I miss the
compactness and robustness of Textures. And I especially miss
synchronicity.  I for one would be willing to pay for a carbonized
version ofTextures, but not if synchronicity were dropped.
But such a carbonized version of Textures should not take too long to
become available. Running Textures in Classic is akward  and given my
set up is not really an option anyway. So I guess it might not take that
long before I learn to accept life (well, work ;-) without synchronicity
and make the switch to TeXShop and/or CMacTeX.

Martin Stokhof

----
ILLC/Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Humanities, Universiteit van
Amsterdam
Nieuwe Doelenstraat 15, NL-1012 CP Amsterdam, The Netherlands
phone: +31 20 5254540, fax: +31 20 5254503, http:
turing.wins.uva.nl/~stokhof

[Mac OS X TeX] Re: [Textures] Textures and Mac OS X - an editorial

Paolo Ghirardato

<x-flowed>>Martin Stokhof wrote:

>I've been using Textures since I don't know how long (before
>postscript CM fonts anyway). But I want to (and soon will need to)
>make the switch to OS X. So I've downloaded TeXShop and CMacTeX and
>starting using them.
>I really appreciate the efforts that Richard Koch and Tom Kiffe and
>others have put into these applications, and I am grateful to them
>for making the results freely available. But I must admit that I
>miss the compactness and robustness of Textures. And I especially
>miss synchronicity.  I for one would be willing to pay for a
>carbonized version ofTextures, but not if synchronicity were dropped.
>But such a carbonized version of Textures should not take too long
>to become available. Running Textures in Classic is akward  and
>given my set up is not really an option anyway. So I guess it might
>not take that long before I learn to accept life (well, work ;-)
>without synchronicity and make the switch to TeXShop and/or CMacTeX.

I fully agree with Martin's opinion. A carbonized version of Textures
soon would be certainly most welcome, but not if the cost is losing
synchronicity, which is what I miss the most of Textures. (I
certainly don't miss the editor -- sorry Barry!)
paolo