[Mac OS X TeX] SmartAssistant?

Gary L. Gray

<x-flowed>Has anyone on this list checked out SmartAssistant? See:

<http://www.advanced-science.com/SmartAssistant/SmartAssistant.html>

It appears to use teTeX and says it works under Mac OS X Server. It
does look interesting.

--
    Gary L. Gray
    Associate Professor

[Mac OS X TeX] SmartAssistant?

Beat Koch-3

<x-flowed>> Has anyone on this list checked out SmartAssistant? See:

> <http://www.advanced-science.com/SmartAssistant/SmartAssistant.html>
>
> It appears to use teTeX and says it works under Mac OS X Server. It
> does look interesting.

About a year ago, I had a personal demo of the application by its
developer. SmartAssistant is perfect if you have to typeset a lot of
formulas. There are keyboard shortcuts for every kind of mathematical
symbol and once you know these, producing formulas like the ones shown
on the website is a matter of seconds. As far as I know, SmartAssistant
uses a proprietary file format to store text and formulas, but when you
want to produce a printable document, you can export LaTeX code.

I just wonder why SmartAssistant hasn't yet been ported to Mac OS X...

Regards,  Beat