[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop, fonts, and Illustrator

[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop, fonts, and Illustrator

Gary L. Gray

<x-flowed>I like to use Illustrator for creating graphics for inclusion into
LaTeX documents. Back in the old days of Classic, I would have a
Textures file that I used to create labels for figures. I would save
the typeset labels page as an eps file, import it into Illustrator,
and then put them on the figure. I just tried creating some figure
labels in TeXShop and when I open the resulting pdf file in
Illustrator, some of the characters are missing. For example, I just
tried creating some figure labels with $A$, $B$, $O$, and $\theta$
everything showed up except the $\theta$. Interestingly, if I open
the pdf file in Acrobat Reader 5.0, I can see everything, including
the $\theta$.

Does anyone know what is going on here? If so, do you know how to fix it?

I love LaTeX, but I hate all the problems associated with fonts. :-)

Thank you,
--
    Gary L. Gray
    Associate Professor

[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop, fonts, and Illustrator

Andy White

<x-flowed>This sounds very much like problems from long ago versions of
Textures/Illustrator - which is why I wrote font-fixer.  When I get
some time, I will have a look (I don't know PDF nearly as well as
postscript, but who knows...).  Would you like to send a minimal PDF
example < 50 k.

Regards,

Andy White