[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop

bruno voisin-6

<x-flowed iso-8859-1>> [...] or you can go to the Finder and
> hit the Go menu and the do Go to Folder and type in /usr/local
> the Finder will go to that directory. You can then look through the
> teTeX folder. You cannot click and open folders and find your way to
> /usr/local
> as the Finder trys to hide it.

Thanks a lot for this tip - extremely handy. Now I can just drag TeX
macro files onto my favourite editor and see what's in there.

Also discovered all that programs already on my Mac - emacs vi etc.
Never suspected so!

Bruno Voisin

Bruno Voisin
Laboratoire des ?coulements G?ophysiques et Industriels
CNRS-UJF-INPG
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Phone: +33 4 76 82 50 38
Fax: +33 4 76 82 52 71
Email: [hidden email]

[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop

michael murray-6

<x-flowed>>>[...] or you can go to the Finder and

>>hit the Go menu and the do Go to Folder and type in /usr/local
>>the Finder will go to that directory. You can then look through the
>>teTeX folder. You cannot click and open folders and find your way
>>to /usr/local
>>as the Finder trys to hide it.
>
>Thanks a lot for this tip - extremely handy. Now I can just drag TeX
>macro files onto my favourite editor and see what's in there.
>
>Also discovered all that programs already on my Mac - emacs vi etc.
>Never suspected so!
>
>Bruno Voisin

Another useful tip pointed out to me by someone else is
if you are in terminal and drag a file onto the open terminal
window it will type in the path.

Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: [hidden email]
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt