[Mac OS X TeX] Updated pdftex for CMacTeX

[Mac OS X TeX] Updated pdftex for CMacTeX

Thomas Kiffe

The pdftex program distributed with CMacTeX has been updated to include the
latest source patches. These patches fix the problems which occurred
when documents created by pdftex were printed from Acrobat Reader 5.0.

The patched pdftex is only available in the file cmactex_osx.sit.bin which
can be downloaded from the OS X section of the CMacTeX Home Page at
http://www.kiffe.com/cmactex.html. The CMacTeX User Guide has been recreated
with the patched pdftex and should print from Reader 5.0.

Tom Kiffe

[Mac OS X TeX] Updated pdftex for CMacTeX

Zachary S. Davis

<x-flowed windows-1252>Friday, 22 June 2001

I downloaded and installed CMacTeX 4.0 as per the instructions on the
CMacTeX Home Page.  The installation created a more user-friendly
CMacTeX_OS X application folder with binaries.  Initially, I had
installed CMacTeX via the terminal when I downloaded Texshop, and I am
wondering if that initial installation can now be deleted, and if so how
do I go about doing just that?

Thanks,

On Thursday, June 21, 2001, at 08:39  PM, Tom Kiffe wrote:

> The pdftex program distributed with CMacTeX has been updated to include
> the
> latest source patches. These patches fix the problems which occurred
> when documents created by pdftex were printed from Acrobat Reader 5.0.
>
> The patched pdftex is only available in the file cmactex_osx.sit.bin
> which
> can be downloaded from the OS X section of the CMacTeX Home Page at
> http://www.kiffe.com/cmactex.html. The CMacTeX User Guide has been
> recreated
> with the patched pdftex and should print from Reader 5.0.
>
> Tom Kiffe

> For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

Zachary S. Davis
Department of Aerospace Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19032
Arlington, TX 76019

Home: (817) 272-6418 [hidden email]
Office: (817) 272-5269

         ?Throughout the centuries there were men who took
          first steps down new roads armed with nothing
          but their own vision.?
                                 -Ayn Rand