[Mac OS X TeX] precompiled formats with TeXShop?

[Mac OS X TeX] precompiled formats with TeXShop?

JŸrgen Schweizer

<x-flowed>I'd like to speed up LaTeX processing in TeXShop by using custom formats.

Has anyone an idea how to get TeXShop to use format files obtained via
initex?

I guess one would have to replace the call to pdflatex in the
preferences of TeXShop with something else. Probably an appropriate
script. Since I'm not a UNIX geek, I have no idea how to actually do it.
Any help out there?

Juergen Schweizer