[Mac OS X TeX] prosper

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Mac OS X TeX] prosper

Lawrence C Paulson


It does seem nice.  But Acrobat Reader 5 does an awful job on the demo
presentation that's distributed with Prosper.  Instead of the intended screen
transitions (which work on other versions of Acrobat) it pauses for a second
and the screen goes completely white.  It is very painful to watch.

There seem to be a lot of bugs in Acrobat 5.  E.g. clicking on a URL launches
a browser but doesn't connect to the specified site.
--
Lawrence C Paulson
Reader in Computational Logic
Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QG, England
Tel: +44(0)1223 334623    Fax: +44(0)1223 334678



-----------------------------------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"unsubscribe macosx-tex" (no quotes) in the body.
For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
messages posted by third parties.
-----------------------------------------------------------------


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Mac OS X TeX] prosper

Ross Moore


>
> There seem to be a lot of bugs in Acrobat 5.  E.g. clicking on a URL launches
> a browser but doesn't connect to the specified site.

Has anyone else had the experience of it not keeping a browser history ?
The back/forward arrows don't seem to work anymore.


All the best,

        Ross Moore

> --
> Lawrence C Paulson
> Reader in Computational Logic
> Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
> Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QG, England
> Tel: +44(0)1223 334623    Fax: +44(0)1223 334678
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, send email to <[hidden email]> with
> "unsubscribe macosx-tex" (no quotes) in the body.
> For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
> -----------------------------------------------------------------


-----------------------------------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"unsubscribe macosx-tex" (no quotes) in the body.
For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
messages posted by third parties.
-----------------------------------------------------------------


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Mac OS X TeX] prosper

michael murray-6


<x-flowed>>  >

>>  There seem to be a lot of bugs in Acrobat 5.  E.g. clicking on a
>>URL launches
>>  a browser but doesn't connect to the specified site.
>
>Has anyone else had the experience of it not keeping a browser history ?
>The back/forward arrows don't seem to work anymore.
>
>
>All the best,
>
> Ross Moore
>

Hi Ross

Can you get transitions like Glitter  to work. They work in
Acrobat 4 under Classic but not in 5.

Michael

--
_________________________________________________________
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray                                                  
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696                                      
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174      
Australia  5005      Email: [hidden email]            
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt
_________________________________________________________


   



-----------------------------------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"unsubscribe macosx-tex" (no quotes) in the body.
For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
messages posted by third parties.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
</x-flowed>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Mac OS X TeX] prosper

Joshua S. Hodas
In reply to this post by Lawrence C Paulson


<x-flowed>At 10:45 AM +0100 6/28/01, Lawrence C Paulson wrote:
>It does seem nice.  But Acrobat Reader 5 does an awful job on the demo
>presentation that's distributed with Prosper.  Instead of the intended screen
>transitions (which work on other versions of Acrobat) it pauses for a second
>and the screen goes completely white.  It is very painful to watch.

I don't have the pause, but I do have the flash of white, as I said in an
earlier note. Indeed, for my talk at IJCAR last Friday (Sorry you weren't
around for that session, Larry.) I rebooted back into 9.1 to actually give the
presentation. Someone else I talked to at the conference (I forget
who) just decided
to use a plain style (i.e. just a blank white background) so that the flash to
white wouldn't be noticeable.


At 9:38 PM +0930 6/28/01, Michael Murray wrote:

>Can you get transitions like Glitter  to work. They work in
>Acrobat 4 under Classic but not in 5.


I hadn't noticed till now that they were gone, as I tend not to use them.
On the other hand' while they worked in 4 under classic when viewing
in a window,
Acrobat 4 did not work at all in full-screen mode. It just presented a blank
screen. So, the blank flash between slides in 5.0 can be seen as a
form of progress!


Josh
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh Hodas / Associate Professor        Office Phone: (909) 621-8650
Director, Computer Science Clinic       Clinic Sec'y: (909) 607-8379
Computer Science / Harvey Mudd College  Home Phone:   (909) 625-1179
1250 North Dartmouth Avenue             E-Mail:       [hidden email]
Claremont, CA 91711                     WWW :  http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~hodas/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"unsubscribe macosx-tex" (no quotes) in the body.
For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
messages posted by third parties.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
</x-flowed>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Mac OS X TeX] prosper

Markus Owen


<x-flowed>I made a copy of Acrobat Reader 5, renamed it, and made it "Open in
the Classic environment" using "Show info". The page transitions work
fine in full screen mode.

>At 10:45 AM +0100 6/28/01, Lawrence C Paulson wrote:
>>It does seem nice.  But Acrobat Reader 5 does an awful job on the demo
>>presentation that's distributed with Prosper.  Instead of the intended screen
>>transitions (which work on other versions of Acrobat) it pauses for a second
>>and the screen goes completely white.  It is very painful to watch.
>
>I don't have the pause, but I do have the flash of white, as I said in an
>earlier note. Indeed, for my talk at IJCAR last Friday (Sorry you weren't
>around for that session, Larry.) I rebooted back into 9.1 to actually give the
>presentation. Someone else I talked to at the conference (I forget
>who) just decided
>to use a plain style (i.e. just a blank white background) so that the flash to
>white wouldn't be noticeable.
>
>
>At 9:38 PM +0930 6/28/01, Michael Murray wrote:
>
>>Can you get transitions like Glitter  to work. They work in
>>Acrobat 4 under Classic but not in 5.
>
>
>I hadn't noticed till now that they were gone, as I tend not to use them.
>On the other hand' while they worked in 4 under classic when viewing
>in a window,
>Acrobat 4 did not work at all in full-screen mode. It just presented a blank
>screen. So, the blank flash between slides in 5.0 can be seen as a
>form of progress!
>
>
>Josh
>--
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Josh Hodas / Associate Professor        Office Phone: (909) 621-8650
>Director, Computer Science Clinic       Clinic Sec'y: (909) 607-8379
>Computer Science / Harvey Mudd College  Home Phone:   (909) 625-1179
>1250 North Dartmouth Avenue             E-Mail:       [hidden email]
>Claremont, CA 91711                     WWW :  http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~hodas/
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------
>To UNSUBSCRIBE, send email to <[hidden email]> with
>"unsubscribe macosx-tex" (no quotes) in the body.
>For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.
>-----------------------------------------------------------------


--
****************************************************************
* Dr Markus Owen                      *   Tel: 01509-223184    *
* Department of Mathematical Sciences *   Fax: 01509-223969    *
* Loughborough University             *       E-mail:          *
* Leicestershire LE11 3TU             *  [hidden email]  *
****************************************************************
* http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/ma/staff/mo/index.html    *
****************************************************************

-----------------------------------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"unsubscribe macosx-tex" (no quotes) in the body.
For additional HELP, send email to <[hidden email]> with
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
messages posted by third parties.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
</x-flowed>