PracTeX Journal

Schremmer Alain
I have been meaning to ask for a long time: what happened to the PracTeX Journal? It stopped without any warning. At least none that I saw.

Regards
--schremmer

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: PracTeX Journal

Herbert Schulz
> On Dec 5, 2018, at 10:37 AM, Schremmer Alain <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have been meaning to ask for a long time: what happened to the PracTeX Journal? It stopped without any warning. At least none that I saw.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

Since TUG is mostly a volunteer organization which depends upon folks submitting publishable documents I'd guess there hasn't been enough enthusiasm among the members.

A while ago there was enough enthusiasm that PracTeX even had it's own conference.

I believe that there is a real need for beginner to intermediate articles and TUGBoat has a few but folks have to submit them.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: PracTeX Journal

Schremmer Alain

On , at 2018 Dec 5,11:47 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

I'd guess there hasn't been enough enthusiasm among the members

That's what I had guessed too. Sad, though.

Some of the stuff on stackexchange should be turned into articles. Something like (the beginning of) a How To Do It encyclopedia. (stackexchange is nice but not that easy to deal with.)

Best
--schremmer

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/