Re: No messages in TeXShop console

Stephen Anderson
In Dark Mode, the default colors are set so that I don’t see the console output. I can indeed change in Preferences/Themes them so that text and background contrast. I then click on “save theme”. However, the next time open TeXShop, the colors have reverted to the default. When I open Preferences/Themes, I see that my adjusted colors are there, but I have to “save theme” again in order to put them into effect. What can I do to make my changes here stick?

Steve Anderson

>> On Nov 30, 2018, at 2:22 PM, Stephen Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Since upgrading to TexShop 4.17/MacOS 10.14.1 on my MBP-retina, I notice that messages no longer show up in the TeXShop console when I run LaTeX on a document. I have the document open (not for editing, since I use AquaMacs for that), and click on the Typeset or BibTeX buttons; focus shifts to the document console window and the program in question runs; the console window scrolls down but nothing appears in it. Then focus returns to the typeset document window, but there are no messages to show what happened (including any errors that may have occurred). What?s up?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Steve Anderson
>
> Howdy,
>
> Are you using Dark Mode or Light Mode? Take a look at the Log section in the Themes tab of TeXShop->Preferences. Make sure the Text color and Background color are set so you can see the text against the background.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: No messages in TeXShop console

Herbert Schulz
> On Jan 16, 2019, at 2:29 PM, Stephen Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In Dark Mode, the default colors are set so that I don’t see the console output. I can indeed change in Preferences/Themes them so that text and background contrast. I then click on “save theme”. However, the next time open TeXShop, the colors have reverted to the default. When I open Preferences/Themes, I see that my adjusted colors are there, but I have to “save theme” again in order to put them into effect. What can I do to make my changes here stick?
>
> —
>
> Steve Anderson

Howdy,

Are you sure you are editing (under Theme to Edit) is the one you are using in Dark Mode (under Dark Mode Theme)?

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: No messages in TeXShop console

Stephen Anderson
I think so. On the Prefences/Themes panel, “DarkTheme” is identified both as “Dark Mode Theme” and “Theme to Edit”. But I still have to click on “Save Edited Theme” and “OK” each time I use TeXShop to get the (remembered) color changes to take effect.

Steve Anderson

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: No messages in TeXShop console

Herbert Schulz
> On Jan 17, 2019, at 2:11 PM, Stephen Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think so. On the Prefences/Themes panel, “DarkTheme” is identified both as “Dark Mode Theme” and “Theme to Edit”. But I still have to click on “Save Edited Theme” and “OK” each time I use TeXShop to get the (remembered) color changes to take effect.
>
> —
>
> Steve Anderson

Howdy,

Strange...

If you have to change the colors each time you start I wonder if, for some reason, that file isn't writable. You might create a new theme (it should be based on the theme you're editing), give it a different name, fix anything that needs fixing and then save it and chnage your Dark Mode Theme to that new one. Let us know the results.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/