Re

Luis Sequeira-5

> Howdy,
>
> It appears that there are some problems with python in Catalina. I have pythontex working fine under Mojave for several test files (some using anaconda2 python some the internal python) and they no longer compile.

> Sent from my iPhone

Actually I was a bit concerned about that because I use pythontex quite a lot.
I do have Anaconda 3 installed and I have modified the pythontex engine to use the Python3 from the Anaconda distribution. It is working fine for me in Catalina.
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Re

Herbert Schulz
> On Oct 10, 2019, at 3:17 PM, Luís Sequeira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> It appears that there are some problems with python in Catalina. I have pythontex working fine under Mojave for several test files (some using anaconda2 python some the internal python) and they no longer compile.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Actually I was a bit concerned about that because I use pythontex quite a lot.
> I do have Anaconda 3 installed and I have modified the pythontex engine to use the Python3 from the Anaconda distribution. It is working fine for me in Catalina.

Howdy,

Sigh...

I forgot that my Catalina test system was older and I never installed anaconda on it! Now that I have installed anaconda2 (in my HOME directory --- Catalina doesn't seem to allow installation in / where I have it in Mojave) and adjusted my platexmkrc files (used by the latexmk engines in TeXShop) to accommodate the directory change) all is well with my pythontex test files along with my pygmentex test file.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Re

Ettore Aldrovandi

On Oct 10, 2019, at 16:44, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sigh…

I forgot that my Catalina test system was older and I never installed anaconda on it! Now that I have installed anaconda2 (in my HOME directory --- Catalina doesn't seem to allow installation in / where I have it in Mojave) and adjusted my platexmkrc files (used by the latexmk engines in TeXShop) to accommodate the directory change) all is well with my pythontex test files along with my pygmentex test file.

Herb,

Catalina is on a (partly) read-only filesystem.  But parts of / are still writable, and apparently physically residing  in /System/Volumes/Data. My /opt with texlive under it, is still there and writable. (The synthesis under / is some APFS magic…)

—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *   http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Re

Herbert Schulz
> On Oct 10, 2019, at 5:02 PM, Ettore Aldrovandi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 10, 2019, at 16:44, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Sigh…
>>
>> I forgot that my Catalina test system was older and I never installed anaconda on it! Now that I have installed anaconda2 (in my HOME directory --- Catalina doesn't seem to allow installation in / where I have it in Mojave) and adjusted my platexmkrc files (used by the latexmk engines in TeXShop) to accommodate the directory change) all is well with my pythontex test files along with my pygmentex test file.
>

> Herb,
>
> Catalina is on a (partly) read-only filesystem.  But parts of / are still writable, and apparently physically residing  in /System/Volumes/Data. My /opt with texlive under it, is still there and writable. (The synthesis under / is some APFS magic…)
>
> —Ettore

Howdy,

That's very like /usr has been for several years; /usr is not writeable but /usr/local is available. But the situation with / wasn't there under Mojave since I was able install anacoda2 python for all users directly in /.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Re

Ettore Aldrovandi

On Oct 10, 2019, at 18:22, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Oct 10, 2019, at 5:02 PM, Ettore Aldrovandi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Herb,

Catalina is on a (partly) read-only filesystem.  But parts of / are still writable, and apparently physically residing  in /System/Volumes/Data. My /opt with texlive under it, is still there and writable. (The synthesis under / is some APFS magic…)

—Ettore

Howdy,

That's very like /usr has been for several years; /usr is not writeable but /usr/local is available. But the situation with / wasn't there under Mojave since I was able install anacoda2 python for all users directly in /.

Yes. The mechanism to do that, now, seems different and affects more things. I would be wary of direct installation under /, too.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/