Sierra 10.12.4: TexShop Preview jumpy

mmurray
This post was updated on .
I just upgraded to Sierra 10.12.4 and have been using the latest TeXShop (3.77).  Suddenly if I try to scroll down a pdf  preview on my MacBook Air with two fingers on the trackpad instead of scrolling it jumps to the next page.   Scrolling with the scroll bar is OK. Scrolling the pdf in Preview with two fingers on the trackpad is fine.

For example if I use

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

Page 1, Page 1, Page 1

\newpage

Page 2, Page 2, Page 2

\newpage

Page 3, Page 3, Page 3

\newpage

Page 4, Page 4, Page 4

\end{document}

I start to drag on page 1 and before the lines of text disappear up the screen it has jumped to pages 2 and then 3.

The pdf is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tuiik07msooozu9/test-jump.pdf?dl=0

Any ideas to stop this ?

Thanks - Michael

Re: Sierra 10.12.4: TexShop Preview jumpy

Herbert Schulz

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 8:11 AM, mmurray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just upgraded to Sierra 10.12.4 and have been using the latest TeXShop.
> Suddenly if I try to scroll down a pdf  preview on my MacBook Air with two
> fingers on the trackpad instead of scrolling it jumps to the next page.
> Scrolling with the scroll bar is OK. Scrolling the pdf in Preview with two
> fingers on the trackpad is fine.
>
> For example if I use
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> Page 1, Page 1, Page 1
>
> \newpage
>
> Page 2, Page 2, Page 2
>
> \newpage
>
> Page 3, Page 3, Page 3
>
> \newpage
>
> Page 4, Page 4, Page 4
>
> \end{document}
>
> I start to drag on page 1 and before the lines of text disappear up the
> screen it has jumped to pages 2 and then 3.
>
> The pdf is here
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tuiik07msooozu9/test-jump.pdf?dl=0
>
> Any ideas to stop this ?
>
> Thanks - Michael

Howdy,

Hmmm... no scrolling problem here. What are your settings in the Preview tab of  TeXShop->Preferences? Especially, what is the setting for the Default page Style? If you have it as Single Page you would see that behavior. make sure it's set to Multi-Page (or Double-Multi-Page if that's your preference).

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://www.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Sierra 10.12.4: TexShop Preview jumpy

mmurray
Herbert Schulz wrote
Hmmm... no scrolling problem here. What are your settings in the Preview tab of  TeXShop->Preferences? Especially, what is the setting for the Default page Style? If you have it as Single Page you would see that behavior. make sure it's set to Multi-Page (or Double-Multi-Page if that's your preference).

Oops.  Yes that solved it.  Somehow I convinced myself I hadn't changed anything else!  Sorry for the dumb question.

Thanks - Michael