TeXShop 3.18 + OgreKit + Regular expression

TeXShop 3.18 + OgreKit + Regular expression

Victor Ivrii

In TeXShop 3.18 if I use OgreKit find panel and check "Regular expression" then both "Find" background and text become white and my attempt to change it failed

My OSX is in Dark Mode and TeXShop in GLG-lite but the latter seem to have no effect

Meanwhile in "Replace" background is white and text is Green. Again, there seem to be no way to change it (but this combination is fine)

Regards

Victor
--

Victor Ivrii

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 3.18 + OgreKit + Regular expression

Herbert Schulz
> On Dec 7, 2018, at 7:19 AM, Victor Ivrii <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> In TeXShop 3.18 if I use OgreKit find panel and check "Regular expression" then both "Find" background and text become white and my attempt to change it failed
>
> My OSX is in Dark Mode and TeXShop in GLG-lite but the latter seem to have no effect
>
> Meanwhile in "Replace" background is white and text is Green. Again, there seem to be no way to change it (but this combination is fine)
>
> Regards
>
> Victor

Howdy,

I think you mean TeXShop 4.18.

Yes, there is a problem with using regex in the Ogrekit Find Panel in Dark Mode under macOS Mojave and you found it. The author has been informed and came up with a `fix' that was used in 4.17. Unfortunately that version had a major problem with Find All so 4.18 reverted to the previous version.

The only work-around that I know of is to enter your regex with the regex box unchecked then check the box and execute it.

Hopefully there will be a fix coming reasonably soon.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/