TeXShop 4.14

Richard Koch-2
Folks,

TeXShop 4.14 is now available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from

        https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html

For the first time, this software was submitted to Apple for checking before being signed; this feature became available in XCode 10 and will be required for the next version of macOS. The checking only involves making sure the code is virus-free. As you know, if you download signed software from the web, you get a dialog stating "TeXShop is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" I thought the submission to Apple would result in this dialog showing the TeXShop icon, but instead the dialog had the following new text in light gray: "Apple checked it for malicious software and none was detected."

Dick Koch
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 4.14

Ross Moore-3
Hi Dick,

The update available message on an older version just showed me this:

Cheers.

Ross

On 3 Nov 2018, at 10:28 am, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:

Folks,

TeXShop 4.14 is now available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from

https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html

For the first time, this software was submitted to Apple for checking before being signed; this feature became available in XCode 10 and will be required for the next version of macOS. The checking only involves making sure the code is virus-free. As you know, if you download signed software from the web, you get a dialog stating "TeXShop is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" I thought the submission to Apple would result in this dialog showing the TeXShop icon, but instead the dialog had the following new text in light gray: "Apple checked it for malicious software and none was detected."

Dick Koch

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 4.14

Richard Koch-2
Ross,

I think you just tried too fast and got a cached texshopappcast file. This is the file which contains the version number and other information about an update. Your clearly got a 4.13 file, but when it tried to find the "changes information" for 4.13, that was already missing,

I just tried again and got a dialog for 4.14. The only curious thing is that my dialog didn't offer to show changes text.

Please wait. If the problem persists let me know. But I swear that on my actual web site, all of the 4.13 information is
gone and only files for 4.14 remain.

Dick Koch

> On Nov 2, 2018, at 4:49 PM, Ross Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Dick,
>
> The update available message on an older version just showed me this:
>
> <Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 10.46.47 am.png>
>

> Cheers.
>
> Ross

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 4.14

Gray, Gary L
Dick,

I updated by checking for updates within TeXShop. It updated, but did not relaunch when I clicked update and relaunch. I just check and the version number in About TeXShop did not change.

It appears that it did not update. I just had TeXShop check for the update again and it again shows that an update is available.

I just thought I would let you know what I am seeing.

Gary

On Nov 2, 2018, at 7:28 PM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:

TeXShop 4.14 is now available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 4.14

Stephen Addison-2
Works fine for me.

Stephen Addison
Professor of Physics
Dean, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
University of Central Arkansas
Conway, AR 72035
(501) 450-5083

On Nov 2, 2018, at 7:16 PM, Gray, Gary L <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dick,

I updated by checking for updates within TeXShop. It updated, but did not relaunch when I clicked update and relaunch. I just check and the version number in About TeXShop did not change.

<Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 8.12.56 PM.png>

It appears that it did not update. I just had TeXShop check for the update again and it again shows that an update is available.

I just thought I would let you know what I am seeing.

Gary

On Nov 2, 2018, at 7:28 PM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:

TeXShop 4.14 is now available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 4.14

Tim Brophy
Works fine for me too using Mojave on Mac.

Tim Brophy

> On 3 Nov 2018, at 00:39, Stephen Addison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Works fine for me.
>
> Stephen Addison
> Professor of Physics
> Dean, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
> University of Central Arkansas
> Conway, AR 72035
> (501) 450-5083
> [hidden email]
>
>> On Nov 2, 2018, at 7:16 PM, Gray, Gary L <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dick,
>>
>> I updated by checking for updates within TeXShop. It updated, but did not relaunch when I clicked update and relaunch. I just check and the version number in About TeXShop did not change.
>>
>> <Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 8.12.56 PM.png>
>>
>> It appears that it did not update. I just had TeXShop check for the update again and it again shows that an update is available.
>>
>> I just thought I would let you know what I am seeing.
>>
>> Gary
>>
>>> On Nov 2, 2018, at 7:28 PM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> TeXShop 4.14 is now available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from

>> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
>> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
>>                https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-tex/

> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 4.14

Richard Koch-2
Gary,

I have also seen the situation here when it downloads, but then doesn't update. In all cases, just
trying again worked for me.

Of course you can also go to my web site and get the program directly.

Dick

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/