TeXShop 4.24

Richard Koch-2
Folks,

TeXShop 4.24 is available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from

        http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html

If you use an external editor with TeXShop, it would be a good idea to read the Changes document in the TeXShop Help Menu about version 4.24.

Dick Koch
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 4.24

dpgoldenberg
Dick,
   This sounds very cool!  I have used TexShop with BBEdit since pretty much forever, and this would be a great addition. It looks like BBEdit does have the necessary code, and I will try to figure it out soon.

Thanks for this!

DAvid

> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 12:36:51 -0800
> From: Richard Koch <[hidden email]>
> To: TeX on Mac OS X <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 136, Issue 2
>
> This is easy to answer because the Changes document is also on my web site. I always update the copy in the program and the copy on my web site simultaneously.
>
> See
>
> https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/changes_3.html
>
> To summarize, you can theoretically sync from the TeXShop Preview to your external editor, provided your editor has appropriate connectivity code, and if you typeset using TeXShop, then "Goto Error" in the Console can also sync to your external editor. I'm investigating the reverse sync from your external editor to the TeXShop Preview, but that is not yet in TeXShop (or even designed yet).
>
> Dick Koch

—-
School of Biological Sciences
University of Utah
257 South 1400 East
Salt Lake City, UT  84112-0840

Telephone: (801) 581-3885
Fax:  (801) 581-2174

E-mail: [hidden email]
Web page: http://goldenberg.biology.utah.edu

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 4.24

Richard Koch-2
Another user wrote explaining the BBEdit integration script. He told me it was

        #!/bin/sh
        /usr/local/bin/bbedit "$2:$1"

This user also said that the "mate" script would support spaces in file names if it were slightly rewritten:

        #!/bin/sh
        /usr/local/bin/mate --line "$1" "$2"

Dick Koch

> On Feb 6, 2019, at 5:04 PM, David Goldenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dick,
>   This sounds very cool!  I have used TexShop with BBEdit since pretty much forever, and this would be a great addition. It looks like BBEdit does have the necessary code, and I will try to figure it out soon.
>
> Thanks for this!
>
> DAvid
>
>> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 12:36:51 -0800
>> From: Richard Koch <[hidden email]>
>> To: TeX on Mac OS X <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 136, Issue 2
>>
>> This is easy to answer because the Changes document is also on my web site. I always update the copy in the program and the copy on my web site simultaneously.
>>
>> See
>>
>> https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/changes_3.html
>>
>> To summarize, you can theoretically sync from the TeXShop Preview to your external editor, provided your editor has appropriate connectivity code, and if you typeset using TeXShop, then "Goto Error" in the Console can also sync to your external editor. I'm investigating the reverse sync from your external editor to the TeXShop Preview, but that is not yet in TeXShop (or even designed yet).
>>
>> Dick Koch
>>

> —-
> School of Biological Sciences
> University of Utah
> 257 South 1400 East
> Salt Lake City, UT  84112-0840
>
> Telephone: (801) 581-3885
> Fax:  (801) 581-2174
>
> E-mail: [hidden email]
> Web page: http://goldenberg.biology.utah.edu

> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop 4.24

Gray, Gary L
Please share if you do.

> On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:04 PM, David Goldenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   This sounds very cool!  I have used TexShop with BBEdit since pretty much forever, and this would be a great addition. It looks like BBEdit does have the necessary code, and I will try to figure it out soon.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment