TeXShop Macros>Paste Spreadsheet Cells Error?

TeXShop Macros>Paste Spreadsheet Cells Error?

SupposeNot
Every time I try to use the Paste Spreadsheet Cells macro in TeXShop (v. 4.24, but also had the same problem with the last couple of updates) I get the following error message:
This happens on both of my computers, both of which are running macOS Mojave 10.14.2. I’ve tried resetting AppleEvents permissions to no avail, and TeXShop isn’t showing up in System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Automation. Adding TeXShop to System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Full Disk Access doesn’t fix the problem either. Nor does booting in safe mode, or using a different account.

Any suggestions?

best wishes and thanks,
Gordon Williams
University of Alaska Fairbanks

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop Macros>Paste Spreadsheet Cells Error?

Herbert Schulz
> On Feb 7, 2019, at 10:05 PM, Gordon Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Every time I try to use the Paste Spreadsheet Cells macro in TeXShop (v. 4.24, but also had the same problem with the last couple of updates) I get the following error message:
> <Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 6.55.58 PM.png>
> This happens on both of my computers, both of which are running macOS Mojave 10.14.2. I’ve tried resetting AppleEvents permissions to no avail, and TeXShop isn’t showing up in System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Automation. Adding TeXShop to System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Full Disk Access doesn’t fix the problem either. Nor does booting in safe mode, or using a different account.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> best wishes and thanks,
> Gordon Williams
> University of Alaska Fairbanks

Howdy,

Were you ever asked to authorize the use of System Events when you ran an applesecript macro? The OS is supposed to ask ONCE and if you answer negatively it never asks again!

Are there other items listed in the Automation pane? You can quit TeXShop and try running

tccutil reset AppleEvents

in Terminal. that is supposed to reset the kind of event for all applications. When you run any application, e.g. that macro in TeXShop, you should be asked to authorize it again; make sure to to say YES. This will happen again for all apps that use that service.

At some point I assume Apple will make that all work better.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop Macros>Paste Spreadsheet Cells Error?

SupposeNot
Hi

As far as I know, I was never asked to authorize the use of System Events when I ran the macro. There are other items in the Automation pane. I had also done the “tccutil reset AppleEvents" thing to no avail.

best wishes,
Gordon

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop Macros>Paste Spreadsheet Cells Error?

Herbert Schulz

> On Feb 8, 2019, at 11:42 AM, Gordon Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> As far as I know, I was never asked to authorize the use of System Events when I ran the macro. There are other items in the Automation pane. I had also done the “tccutil reset AppleEvents" thing to no avail.
>
> best wishes,
> Gordon

Howdy,

After running that command did any of the other apps show `Apple Events.app' as being supported? They should all have been reset.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop Macros>Paste Spreadsheet Cells Error?

SupposeNot
Hi

Well, they’ve been repopulating as I use them.

best wishes,
Gordon

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/