TeXShop question

"M. Tamer Özsu"-2
Every time I open a root file in TeXShop, one of the \include’d files also opens and I can’t figure out why or how to fix it. The root file has about 15 included files but this one seems to have stuck and keeps opening.

Any ideas?

==Tamer

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop question

Herbert Schulz
> On Apr 23, 2019, at 8:44 AM, M. Tamer Özsu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Every time I open a root file in TeXShop, one of the \include’d files also opens and I can’t figure out why or how to fix it. The root file has about 15 included files but this one seems to have stuck and keeps opening.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> ==Tamer

Howdy,

Does the root file have a

% !TEX useTabsWithFiles

directive along with a

% !TEX tabbedFile{secondfile.tex}

directive?

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop question

"M. Tamer Özsu"-2
No, it doesn’t Herb.

==Tamer

> On Apr 23, 2019, at 10:39 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 23, 2019, at 8:44 AM, M. Tamer Özsu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Every time I open a root file in TeXShop, one of the \include’d files also opens and I can’t figure out why or how to fix it. The root file has about 15 included files but this one seems to have stuck and keeps opening.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> ==Tamer
>
> Howdy,
>
> Does the root file have a
>
> % !TEX useTabsWithFiles
>
> directive along with a
>
> % !TEX tabbedFile{secondfile.tex}
>
> directive?

> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop question

Herbert Schulz
> On Apr 23, 2019, at 10:01 AM, M. Tamer Özsu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No, it doesn’t Herb.
>
> ==Tamer
>
>> On Apr 23, 2019, at 10:39 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Apr 23, 2019, at 8:44 AM, M. Tamer Özsu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Every time I open a root file in TeXShop, one of the \include’d files also opens and I can’t figure out why or how to fix it. The root file has about 15 included files but this one seems to have stuck and keeps opening.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> ==Tamer
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Does the root file have a
>>
>> % !TEX useTabsWithFiles
>>
>> directive along with a
>>
>> % !TEX tabbedFile{secondfile.tex}
>>
>> directive?
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Ok.

Do you have your system set up to automatically open the last windows (General tab of System Preferences `Close windows when quitting an app' unchecked)? If so how do you open the file (double click the file icon, open TeXShop first)? If you close the second file window/tab and then close TeXShop does the second file still open?

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: TeXShop question

"M. Tamer Özsu"-2
- That option is checked
- The same thing happens either when I double click the root file or open it from within TeXShop
- Yes, if I close the second (unwanted) tab, then close TeXShop and then open the root file again, the unwanted file opens again.

==Tamer

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/