TeXShop search and replace for non-printing characters

TeXShop search and replace for non-printing characters

Alan Bowen-2
I want to replace some end of paragraphs with text and code in a TeXShop source file so that the next lines after a paragraph read:
\stopparagraph

\startparagraph
So far I have the the regex search term  $ and the replacement text
\n\\stopparagraph
\n\\startparagraph

This works but I end up with an unwanted empty line after
\startparagraph

Moreover,\n\\startparagraph\r\n
does not seem to be CRLF but adds yet another empty line.

Is there a way to avoid this unwanted line or perhaps a better way to get what I want?

Any tips or pointers to relevant documentation will be gratefully received.

Alan

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/