Update TL2016

There were some recent updates to TeX Live 2016 (via tlmgr or TeX Live Utility[TLU]) that broke the automatic conversion of eps->pdf for pdftex using restricted-shell-escape. There was also a change that effected the loading of xcolor (unless it was loaded after the loading of the graphicx package). The first problem was fixed a few days ago and the second was fixed as of this morning's update. If you are seeing either of these problems please update using tlmgr or TLU.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://www.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Update TL2016

juan tolosa
Hi,
The message I get is “unable to find a valid update server” and, after a while, “listing failed.”

> On Jun 19, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> There were some recent updates to TeX Live 2016 (via tlmgr or TeX Live Utility[TLU]) that broke the automatic conversion of eps->pdf for pdftex using restricted-shell-escape. There was also a change that effected the loading of xcolor (unless it was loaded after the loading of the graphicx package). The first problem was fixed a few days ago and the second was fixed as of this morning's update. If you are seeing either of these problems please update using tlmgr or TLU.

> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://www.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://www.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Update TL2016

Herbert Schulz
> On Jun 21, 2016, at 9:26 AM, juan tolosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> The message I get is “unable to find a valid update server” and, after a while, “listing failed.”
>
>> On Jun 19, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> There were some recent updates to TeX Live 2016 (via tlmgr or TeX Live Utility[TLU]) that broke the automatic conversion of eps->pdf for pdftex using restricted-shell-escape. There was also a change that effected the loading of xcolor (unless it was loaded after the loading of the graphicx package). The first problem was fixed a few days ago and the second was fixed as of this morning's update. If you are seeing either of these problems please update using tlmgr or TLU.
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Chances are you manually changed the `TeX programs:' preference in TeX Live Utility->Preferences at some point. Please go to <http://www.tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html> for more information and especially see section 6 of the `Updating For El Capitan' document linked on that page.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://www.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Update TL2016

juan tolosa
I’ll take a look. However, I did not do any changes. This message started to appear recently.
I also get the following message:

Your TeX Live version is 2015, but your default repository URL appears to be for TeX Live 2016.  You need to manually upgrade to a newer version of TeX Live, as there will be no further updates for your version.

Thanks,
                 Juan

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://www.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://www.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/