Using CocoAspell with TeXShop

R Martinez
Hi,

I use CocoAspell for my spell checker because it recognizes TeX/LaTex. In the Spelling Preference Pane I select "English (United States) [w_accents]” dictionary, check the TeX/LaTeX filter checked, and use all the default settings otherwise.

In TeXShop, I select the dictionary "English (United States) [w_accents]" in TeXShop Preferences.

I get some weird and annoying but otherwise ignorable effects. For example, the \usepackage command is always labeled as misspelled (the dreaded dotted red underline). When the dictionary finds a misspelled English word, it flags it as misspelled but never offers suggestions, no matter how obvious the typo.

Worse is that for those of us who use a MacBook Pro with Touchbar, CocoAspell disables the predictive text feature in the touchbar.

It would be nice to hear about others’ experiences with CocoAspell and TeXShop.

Thanks to all of you on the list.

Raul Martinez
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: Using CocoAspell with TeXShop

Herbert Schulz
On Aug 15, 2018, at 3:42 PM, R Martinez <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Howdy,

I have the English dictionary checked in the Spelling Preference Pane in System Preferences, `English' set in TeXshop's Source->Dictionary and `English (Aspell)' in TeXShop's Edit->Show Spelling and Grammar panes.

Under Filters->TeX/LaTeX for cocoAspell's System Preferences->Spelling pane (see the enclosed figure) I have `usepackage' for the command with `[]{}' for the parameters. Do you have that?

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/