annotated bibliography

Bridget Kane
Hi
I’m hoping you can help me. I’m aiming to write an annotated bibliography and I found instructions on the following page:

I have faithfully followed instructions, as far as I can tell, but Texshop says ‘cannot find stylefile’ when I try to run Bibtex.
The file I’m using is plain-annote.bst  as detailed on the webpage link above.
I’m using macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 (17H65) with Texshop Version 4.12 (4.12)

I have my .tex file in a folder with the plain-annote.bst and with my .bib file.

Can you see what I may be doing wrong? Or any suggestions for me to try. I’m not an expert, but i’ve been using TexShop for some years now without much difficulty.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help

Bridget

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: annotated bibliography

Herbert Schulz

> On Oct 9, 2018, at 5:34 AM, Bridget Kane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
> I’m hoping you can help me. I’m aiming to write an annotated bibliography and I found instructions on the following page:
> http://math.ucdenver.edu/~billups/courses/ma5779/annotated_bibliography.html
>
> I have faithfully followed instructions, as far as I can tell, but Texshop says ‘cannot find stylefile’ when I try to run Bibtex.
> The file I’m using is plain-annote.bst  as detailed on the webpage link above.
> I’m using macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 (17H65) with Texshop Version 4.12 (4.12)
>
> I have my .tex file in a folder with the plain-annote.bst and with my .bib file.
>
> Can you see what I may be doing wrong? Or any suggestions for me to try. I’m not an expert, but i’ve been using TexShop for some years now without much difficulty.
>
> Many thanks in anticipation of your help
>
> Bridget

Howdy,

I assume you are using the sample files at that web site. The sample file has used - instead of _ in the \bibliographystyle command. Change it from

\bibliographystyle{plain-annote}

\bibliographystyle{plain_annote}

which is the correct name for the .bst file.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/