cocoAspell

Themis Matsoukas-6
After using Excalibur for many years I decided to give cocaAspell a try. This is all done after clean install of High Sierra on a freshly reformatted disk.

I installed cocoSspell from MacExtras and the installation went fine (I was expecting problems based on Herb’s tutorial "A First Time Install of cocoAspell in El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra”).

I selected dictionary “English (United States) [w_accents] (I don’t understand the difference between the various US dictionaries), and checked the TeX/LaTeX filter.

I opened a source file in TS 4.01 and  while most latex commands are properly ignored, others aren’t, for example, \includegraphics, \textit and \mathcal, among others. Apparently the user can add latex commands under the tab Filters in the cocoAspell preference pane. "includegraphics[]{}" is already in that list but is still marked as a typo in the source. I added “textit{√}”, as per instructions on the preference pane, but it is still marked as a typo in the source.

Any suggestions?

Themis
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Herbert Schulz
> On Sep 15, 2018, at 6:12 AM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> After using Excalibur for many years I decided to give cocaAspell a try. This is all done after clean install of High Sierra on a freshly reformatted disk.
>
> I installed cocoSspell from MacExtras and the installation went fine (I was expecting problems based on Herb’s tutorial "A First Time Install of cocoAspell in El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra”).
>
> I selected dictionary “English (United States) [w_accents] (I don’t understand the difference between the various US dictionaries), and checked the TeX/LaTeX filter.
>
> I opened a source file in TS 4.01 and  while most latex commands are properly ignored, others aren’t, for example, \includegraphics, \textit and \mathcal, among others. Apparently the user can add latex commands under the tab Filters in the cocoAspell preference pane. "includegraphics[]{}" is already in that list but is still marked as a typo in the source. I added “textit{√}”, as per instructions on the preference pane, but it is still marked as a typo in the source.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Themis

Howdy,

I'm not sure if the dictionary makes a difference but I use the English (alone---I think it loads several individual versions) dictionary.

Then, choose the English dictionary in TeXShop's Source tab in TeXShop->Preferences if you want to only use it in TeXShop. I use it for all my work and choose English (Aspell) as the default dictionary in the Text tab of the Keyboard Pane in System Preferences. You can check that setting using the  Edit->Show Spelling and Grammar menu item in TeXShop; it should then be set to English (Aspell).

Otherwise you might try to log out and back in because that information may first be read in once, when you log in. Last, but possibly not least try re-booting in case the info is read in only once when booting---truly a last resort.

PS: I never use \textit since you have to make sure to manually apply the italic correction when necessary. The \emph command does that automatically and nested \emph commands have reasonable behavior.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

jfbu
Le 15/09/2018 à 13:55, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
> PS: I never use \textit since you have to make sure to manually apply the italic correction when necessary. The \emph command does that automatically and nested \emph commands have reasonable behavior.

Hi Herb,

\textit does apply italic correction as this example shows

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
\textit{f}g

fg
\showoutput
\end{document}

gives

....\hbox(0.0+0.0)x15.0
....\OT1/cmr/m/it/10 f
....\kern 2.11945
....\OT1/cmr/m/n/10 g
....\penalty 10000

Actually

\DeclareTextFontCommand{\textit}{\itshape}

and

\DeclareTextFontCommand{\emph}{\em}

(similarly for the others)

and

\DeclareTextFontCommand:
macro:#1#2->\DeclareRobustCommand #1[1]{\ifmmode \nfss@text {#2##1}\else \hmode@bgroup \text@command {##1}#2\check@icl ##1\check@icr \expandafter \egroup \fi }

has \check@icl, \check@icr related to italic correction at start and end

and at some point they will involve this, where I keep only code comments

\def \maybe@ic {\futurelet\@let@token\maybe@ic@}
\def \maybe@ic@ {%
We fi rst check to see if the current font is positively sloped. (But do not forget
the message Rainer sent about an upright font with non-zero slope! Or is this an
urban myth?) It has been suggested that this should test against a small positive
value, but what?
... code lines ...
}

Best,

Jean-François

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

jfbu
Le 15/09/2018 à 13:55, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
> PS: I never use \textit since you have to make sure to manually apply the italic correction when necessary. The \emph command does that automatically and nested \emph commands have reasonable behavior.

Hi Herb,

\textit does apply italic correction as this example shows

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
\textit{f}g

fg
\showoutput
\end{document}

gives

....\hbox(0.0+0.0)x15.0
....\OT1/cmr/m/it/10 f
....\kern 2.11945
....\OT1/cmr/m/n/10 g
....\penalty 10000

Actually

\DeclareTextFontCommand{\textit}{\itshape}

and

\DeclareTextFontCommand{\emph}{\em}

(similarly for the others)

and

\DeclareTextFontCommand:
macro:#1#2->\DeclareRobustCommand #1[1]{\ifmmode \nfss@text {#2##1}\else \hmode@bgroup \text@command {##1}#2\check@icl ##1\check@icr \expandafter \egroup \fi }

has \check@icl, \check@icr related to italic correction at start and end

and at some point they will involve this, where I keep only code comments

\def \maybe@ic {\futurelet\@let@token\maybe@ic@}
\def \maybe@ic@ {%
We fi rst check to see if the current font is positively sloped. (But do not forget
the message Rainer sent about an upright font with non-zero slope! Or is this an
urban myth?) It has been suggested that this should test against a small positive
value, but what?
... code lines ...
}

Best,

Jean-François

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Themis Matsoukas-6
I'm not sure if the dictionary makes a difference but I use the English (alone---I think it loads several individual versions) dictionary.
 I use it for all my work and choose English (Aspell) as the default dictionary in the Text tab of the Keyboard Pane in System Preferences. You can check that setting using the  Edit->Show Spelling and Grammar menu item in TeXShop

I set the disctionary in the keyboard pane to English (Aspell), but when I spell check in TS the default is always set to “Automatic by Language” and I must manually change it each time to English (Aspell). IS this how it is supposed to be?

Otherwise you might try to log out and back in because that information may first be read in once, when you log in. Last, but possibly not least try re-booting in case the info is read in only once when booting---truly a last resort.

 I can’t get it to work. I run

cd "/Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-en-6.0-0"
sudo make install

which I had skipped before, changed the dictionary to English, and rebooted. No luck. What is marked as a typo and what is ignored appears random.  Here is what my source looks like:

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 7:40 AM, jfbu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 15/09/2018 à 13:55, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
>> PS: I never use \textit since you have to make sure to manually apply the italic correction when necessary. The \emph command does that automatically and nested \emph commands have reasonable behavior.
>
> Hi Herb,
>
> \textit does apply italic correction as this example shows
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \begin{document}
> \textit{f}g
>
> fg
> \showoutput
> \end{document}
>

> gives
>
> ....\hbox(0.0+0.0)x15.0
> ....\OT1/cmr/m/it/10 f
> ....\kern 2.11945
> ....\OT1/cmr/m/n/10 g
> ....\penalty 10000
>
> Actually
>
> \DeclareTextFontCommand{\textit}{\itshape}
>
> and
>
> \DeclareTextFontCommand{\emph}{\em}
>
> (similarly for the others)
>
> and
>
> \DeclareTextFontCommand:
> macro:#1#2->\DeclareRobustCommand #1[1]{\ifmmode \nfss@text {#2##1}\else \hmode@bgroup \text@command {##1}#2\check@icl ##1\check@icr \expandafter \egroup \fi }
>
> has \check@icl, \check@icr related to italic correction at start and end
>
> and at some point they will involve this, where I keep only code comments
>
> \def \maybe@ic {\futurelet\@let@token\maybe@ic@}
> \def \maybe@ic@ {%
> We fi rst check to see if the current font is positively sloped. (But do not forget
> the message Rainer sent about an upright font with non-zero slope! Or is this an
> urban myth?) It has been suggested that this should test against a small positive
> value, but what?
> ... code lines ...
> }
>

> Best,
>
> Jean-François

Howdy,

Sigh... I'm remembering the declaration \it; {\it ....} may need to have the italic correction, \/, depending upon the following letter/punctuation. I don't think that has been changed in LaTeX.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 7:46 AM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I set the disctionary in the keyboard pane to English (Aspell), but when I spell check in TS the default is always set to “Automatic by Language” and I must manually change it each time to English (Aspell). IS this how it is supposed to be?

Howdy,

Did you change the Preference setting to English in TeXShop->Preferences Source Pane? I believe TeXShop sets it's own default.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Richard Koch-2
Folks,

The "Dictionary" Preference item is broken in most localizations of TeXShop, possibly even English.
This is fixed in version 4.08, which will be released when Mojave is released.

Dick Koch

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 5:46 AM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if the dictionary makes a difference but I use the English (alone---I think it loads several individual versions) dictionary.
>>  I use it for all my work and choose English (Aspell) as the default dictionary in the Text tab of the Keyboard Pane in System Preferences. You can check that setting using the  Edit->Show Spelling and Grammar menu item in TeXShop
>
> I set the disctionary in the keyboard pane to English (Aspell), but when I spell check in TS the default is always set to “Automatic by Language” and I must manually change it each time to English (Aspell). IS this how it is supposed to be?
>
>> Otherwise you might try to log out and back in because that information may first be read in once, when you log in. Last, but possibly not least try re-booting in case the info is read in only once when booting---truly a last resort.
>

>  I can’t get it to work. I run
>
> cd "/Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-en-6.0-0"
> sudo make install
>
> which I had skipped before, changed the dictionary to English, and rebooted. No luck. What is marked as a typo and what is ignored appears random.  Here is what my source looks like:
>

> <Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 8.31.06 AM.png>

> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Themis Matsoukas-6
> On Sep 15, 2018, at 9:11 AM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 15, 2018, at 7:46 AM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> I set the disctionary in the keyboard pane to English (Aspell), but when I spell check in TS the default is always set to “Automatic by Language” and I must manually change it each time to English (Aspell). IS this how it is supposed to be?
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Did you change the Preference setting to English in TeXShop->Preferences Source Pane? I believe TeXShop sets it's own default.
>
> Good Luck,

YES, it works now. I had to quit and relaunch TS, also changed the dictionary from plain “English” to one of the “United States” dictionaries in the cocoaspell pane. “English” seems to ignore the tex/latex filter.

To summarize my experience, there are too many settings that need to be made in too many different places (TS, keyboard pane, cocoaspell pane), and it might be a good idea to document them somewhere.

Thanks Herb,

Themis
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Gray, Gary L
> On Sep 15, 2018, at 9:33 AM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The "Dictionary" Preference item is broken in most localizations of TeXShop, possibly even English.
> This is fixed in version 4.08, which will be released when Mojave is released.

All,

I thought I had this set correctly, but I am running 4.08 and I cannot get that setting to stick in Preferences > Source. That is, when I choose "English (United States) [w_accents]", it reverts back to "Automatic Language" the next time I check.

Gary
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Themis Matsoukas-6
I was too quick to celebrate - now NOTHING is flagged as a typo!

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Richard Koch-2
Gary,

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 7:19 AM, Gary L. Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 15, 2018, at 9:33 AM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The "Dictionary" Preference item is broken in most localizations of TeXShop, possibly even English.
>> This is fixed in version 4.08, which will be released when Mojave is released.
>
> All,
>
> I thought I had this set correctly, but I am running 4.08 and I cannot get that setting to stick in Preferences > Source. That is, when I choose "English (United States) [w_accents]", it reverts back to "Automatic Language" the next time I check.
>
> Gary
> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

I looked at the code. The Dictionary item in TeXShop Preferences is hooked to a piece of code named
"dictionaryPressed". The actual code for this procedure reads in 4.08

        (IBAction) dictionaryPressed: (id)sender
                {
                        return;
                }

This is now fixed, and it will be fixed in the beta on the web in less than an hour. Every little bug report helps.

Dick Koch

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

versions[WAS: Re: cocoAspell]

Murray Eisenberg
The current TeXShop version seems to be 4.01. Are you expecting 4.02, 4.03, …, 4.07 releases before 4.08 with Mojave, or is that a typo in the number?

> On 15 Sep2018, at 9:33 AM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> The "Dictionary" Preference item is broken in most localizations of TeXShop, possibly even English.
> This is fixed in version 4.08, which will be released when Mojave is released.
>
> Dick Koch

---
Murray Eisenberg [hidden email]
503 King Farm Blvd #101 Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667 Mobile (413)-427-5334

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: versions[WAS: Re: cocoAspell]

Herbert Schulz
> On Sep 15, 2018, at 10:00 AM, Murray Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The current TeXShop version seems to be 4.01. Are you expecting 4.02, 4.03, …, 4.07 releases before 4.08 with Mojave, or is that a typo in the number?
>
>> On 15 Sep2018, at 9:33 AM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> The "Dictionary" Preference item is broken in most localizations of TeXShop, possibly even English.
>> This is fixed in version 4.08, which will be released when Mojave is released.
>>
>> Dick Koch

Howdy,

I believe 4.02--4.07 were all test versions and the next version to be released will be 4.08.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: versions[WAS: Re: cocoAspell]

Richard Koch-2
Those versions were internal or beta versions as the latest release was developed.
The release will be 4.08, and will work on Yosemite and above.

Dick Koch

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 8:00 AM, Murray Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The current TeXShop version seems to be 4.01. Are you expecting 4.02, 4.03, …, 4.07 releases before 4.08 with Mojave, or is that a typo in the number?
>
>> On 15 Sep2018, at 9:33 AM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> The "Dictionary" Preference item is broken in most localizations of TeXShop, possibly even English.
>> This is fixed in version 4.08, which will be released when Mojave is released.
>>
>> Dick Koch
>>

> ---
> Murray Eisenberg [hidden email]
> 503 King Farm Blvd #101 Home (240)-246-7240
> Rockville, MD 20850-6667 Mobile (413)-427-5334

> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Themis Matsoukas-6

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 10:19 AM, Gary L. Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 15, 2018, at 9:33 AM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The "Dictionary" Preference item is broken in most localizations of TeXShop, possibly even English.
>> This is fixed in version 4.08, which will be released when Mojave is released.
>
> All,
>
> I thought I had this set correctly, but I am running 4.08 and I cannot get that setting to stick in Preferences > Source. That is, when I choose "English (United States) [w_accents]", it reverts back to "Automatic Language" the next time I check.

I am thoroughly confused:

My TS does not give me a choice for "English (United States) [w_accents]”, or for any other dictionary in cocoaspell. The choices I get are: “Automatic Language”, “en”, “en_gb” etc, which seem abbreviated names for the same dictionaries I see in the Keyboard preference pane.

Themis
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Gray, Gary L
> On Sep 15, 2018, at 10:51 AM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I looked at the code. The Dictionary item in TeXShop Preferences is hooked to a piece of code named
> "dictionaryPressed". The actual code for this procedure reads in 4.08
>
> (IBAction) dictionaryPressed: (id)sender
> {
> return;
> }
>
> This is now fixed, and it will be fixed in the beta on the web in less than an hour. Every little bug report helps.
Dick,

I just downloaded the new version and confirm that the setting now sticks. I just wanted to let you know that the first time I selected the cocoAspell dictionary, TeXShop crashed. I have attached the crash log.

Gary

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

TeXShop crash log.txt (75K) Download Attachment

Re: cocoAspell

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 10:48 AM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 15, 2018, at 10:19 AM, Gary L. Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sep 15, 2018, at 9:33 AM, Richard Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> The "Dictionary" Preference item is broken in most localizations of TeXShop, possibly even English.
>>> This is fixed in version 4.08, which will be released when Mojave is released.
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I thought I had this set correctly, but I am running 4.08 and I cannot get that setting to stick in Preferences > Source. That is, when I choose "English (United States) [w_accents]", it reverts back to "Automatic Language" the next time I check.
>>

> I am thoroughly confused:
>
> My TS does not give me a choice for "English (United States) [w_accents]”, or for any other dictionary in cocoaspell. The choices I get are: “Automatic Language”, “en”, “en_gb” etc, which seem abbreviated names for the same dictionaries I see in the Keyboard preference pane.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Does the Text tab of Keyboard Pane in System Preferences show that you have an English (with possible other stuff) dictionary? If not Check that you have a dictionary checked off in the Spelling pane supplied by cocoAspell. As I said I just have the English dictionary checked off there. Then an English (Aspell) dictionary appears in the Text tab of the Keyboard pane.

Finally, in TeXShop I have English as the dictionary chosen in the Source tab of TeXShop->Preferences (you may have to update to the latest 4.08 beta to be able to change that---I've inherited it from ages ago) and Edit->Show Spelling and Grammar shows English (Aspell) as my dictionary.

I believe the setting in System Preferences set the Global Default for all apps (e.g., I use the English (Aspell) in Mail) while the TeXShop Preference setting is the default set for TeXShop and the one in the Spelling and Grammar window is the actual one you are using (which you can change for any given document.

Note: there is also a TeXShop directive that selects a dictionary:

% !TEX spellcheck = English

to select the English (Aspell) dictionary on a document by document basis.

Again, I just check off English (with no extra descriptors) in the cocoAspell Spelling pane.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Themis Matsoukas-6

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 1:06 PM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> Does the Text tab of Keyboard Pane in System Preferences show that you have an English (with possible other stuff) dictionary? If not Check that you have a dictionary checked off in the Spelling pane supplied by cocoAspell. As I said I just have the English dictionary checked off there. Then an English (Aspell) dictionary appears in the Text tab of the Keyboard pane.
>
> Finally, in TeXShop I have English as the dictionary chosen in the Source tab of TeXShop->Preferences (you may have to update to the latest 4.08 beta to be able to change that---I've inherited it from ages ago) and Edit->Show Spelling and Grammar shows English (Aspell) as my dictionary.
>
> I believe the setting in System Preferences set the Global Default for all apps (e.g., I use the English (Aspell) in Mail) while the TeXShop Preference setting is the default set for TeXShop and the one in the Spelling and Grammar window is the actual one you are using (which you can change for any given document.
>
> Note: there is also a TeXShop directive that selects a dictionary:
>
> % !TEX spellcheck = English
>
> to select the English (Aspell) dictionary on a document by document basis.
>
> Again, I just check off English (with no extra descriptors) in the cocoAspell Spelling pane

Finally, here is what seems to be working for me right now:

        cocoaspell panel: "English"
        Keyboard/Text panel: "English (Aspell)" (but it doesn't seem to matter if I pick "U.S. English" instead
        Texshop:  "English" (preference sticks even though I am on 4.01).

With these settings latex commands are ignored in spell-checking but there are some problems:

Some common words such as proven, extremum, discretized, and linearization are flagged as mispelled.

In $a=bk + kT$, "kT" is flagged as mispelled (but not "bk"). Same with some other double letter combinations in math.

Themis

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: cocoAspell

Herbert Schulz
> On Sep 15, 2018, at 2:03 PM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 15, 2018, at 1:06 PM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Does the Text tab of Keyboard Pane in System Preferences show that you have an English (with possible other stuff) dictionary? If not Check that you have a dictionary checked off in the Spelling pane supplied by cocoAspell. As I said I just have the English dictionary checked off there. Then an English (Aspell) dictionary appears in the Text tab of the Keyboard pane.
>>
>> Finally, in TeXShop I have English as the dictionary chosen in the Source tab of TeXShop->Preferences (you may have to update to the latest 4.08 beta to be able to change that---I've inherited it from ages ago) and Edit->Show Spelling and Grammar shows English (Aspell) as my dictionary.
>>
>> I believe the setting in System Preferences set the Global Default for all apps (e.g., I use the English (Aspell) in Mail) while the TeXShop Preference setting is the default set for TeXShop and the one in the Spelling and Grammar window is the actual one you are using (which you can change for any given document.
>>
>> Note: there is also a TeXShop directive that selects a dictionary:
>>
>> % !TEX spellcheck = English
>>
>> to select the English (Aspell) dictionary on a document by document basis.
>>
>> Again, I just check off English (with no extra descriptors) in the cocoAspell Spelling pane
>

> Finally, here is what seems to be working for me right now:
>
> cocoaspell panel: "English"
> Keyboard/Text panel: "English (Aspell)" (but it doesn't seem to matter if I pick "U.S. English" instead

Howdy,

I'd expect that since the System Preference/Keyboard/Text sets the System Wide Default which TeXShop can override. I'd expect that TextEdit would display whatever is chosen here.

> Texshop:  "English" (preference sticks even though I am on 4.01).

TeXShop/Preferences/Source is where TeXShop is overriding the System Preference choice. The item in the TeXShop/Preferences/Source pane has been there since TeXShop 3.81 so I'd expect 4.01 to have it. I'm not sure when it got broken but in the latest 4.08 beta it seems to be fixed.

> With these settings latex commands are ignored in spell-checking but there are some problems:
>
> Some common words such as proven, extremum, discretized, and linearization are flagged as mispelled.
>
> In $a=bk + kT$, "kT" is flagged as mispelled (but not "bk"). Same with some other double letter combinations in math.
>
> Themis

Just add them to the personal dictionary as a choice and that sort of stuff will quickly become part of the vocabulary quite quickly.

Glad to hear that cocoAspell is now working for you.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/