epstopdf problem - restricted mode

Christian Pleul
Hi list,

Suddenly I experienced a problem with the eps to pdf conversion.

As usual, I just dropped an image to the "img" folder (subfolder of the tex file) and used pdflatex (OS 10.6.6., TextMate, TeX Live (updated)). Then the following error appeared:

!!! Error: Output filename '../img/logo-eps-converted-to.pdf' not allowed in restricted mode.

If I add "-shell-escape" to the option of TextMate, it works out fine.

It is strange, cause I have done this with the same file and folder system often before. Could somebody help me out here?

Best
--
Christian

-We've really achieved the ideal of what I wanted Microsoft to become.-
Bill Gates, June 2008

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: epstopdf problem - restricted mode

Peter Dyballa

Am 09.02.2011 um 17:38 schrieb Christian Pleul:

> !!! Error: Output filename '../img/logo-eps-converted-to.pdf' not
> allowed in restricted mode.

This was covered by a thread a few weeks ago: set in the effective
texmf.cnf file

        shell_escape = p

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Im Leben lernt der Mensch als erstes das Gehen und Sprechen.
Später lernt er still zu sitzen und den Mund zu halten.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

On Feb 9, 2011, at 10:38 AM, Christian Pleul wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Suddenly I experienced a problem with the eps to pdf conversion.
>
> As usual, I just dropped an image to the "img" folder (subfolder of the tex file) and used pdflatex (OS 10.6.6., TextMate, TeX Live (updated)). Then the following error appeared:
>
> !!! Error: Output filename '../img/logo-eps-converted-to.pdf' not allowed in restricted mode.
>
> If I add "-shell-escape" to the option of TextMate, it works out fine.
>
> It is strange, cause I have done this with the same file and folder system often before. Could somebody help me out here?
>

> Best
> --
> Christian
Howdy,

Could you send me a minimal but compilable source file and eps image in a folder with the folder structure you are using? I'm a bit disturbed by the .. in the path for the converted file.

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/