examples of beamer slides with notes

Renaud Blanch
Dear all,

In the next version of Présentation.app [0], I will introduce some support for beamer's way of supporting notes for the presenter [1].
Since I am not using this support myself, I need inputs from people using it, hence this message.
My plan is to support the PDFs generated using the "\setbeameroption{show notes on second screen}" option.
Présentation will crop the slides to show only the relevant half on the presentation view.
It will extract the text of the other half to be displayed as notes.

Two questions then :
- can people that are using beamer's notes support send me some sample PDFs that use this option (preferably real presentations that you made), so that I can test the feature.
- depending on the template used, a preview of the slide can be included in the "notes" part, do you use this kind of note view ?

And finally :
I discovered that Présentation.app is now part of MacTeXtras, and it makes me proud :)
I would like to know who I should notify when a new version is available to keep the MacTeXtras distribution up to date ?

Thanks,

renaud

0. Présentation.app
http://iihm.imag.fr/blanch/software/osx-presentation/

1. support beamer pdf generated with \setbeameroption{show notes}
https://bitbucket.org/rndblnch/osx-presentation/issues/58/support-beamer-pdf-generated-with

--
Renaud Blanch
http://iihm.imag.fr/blanch/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: examples of beamer slides with notes

Herbert Schulz
> On Mar 12, 2019, at 1:05 PM, renaud blanch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> In the next version of Présentation.app [0], I will introduce some support for beamer's way of supporting notes for the presenter [1].
> Since I am not using this support myself, I need inputs from people using it, hence this message.
> My plan is to support the PDFs generated using the "\setbeameroption{show notes on second screen}" option.
> Présentation will crop the slides to show only the relevant half on the presentation view.
> It will extract the text of the other half to be displayed as notes.
>
> Two questions then :
> - can people that are using beamer's notes support send me some sample PDFs that use this option (preferably real presentations that you made), so that I can test the feature.
> - depending on the template used, a preview of the slide can be included in the "notes" part, do you use this kind of note view ?
>
> And finally :
> I discovered that Présentation.app is now part of MacTeXtras, and it makes me proud :)
> I would like to know who I should notify when a new version is available to keep the MacTeXtras distribution up to date ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> renaud
>
> 0. Présentation.app
> http://iihm.imag.fr/blanch/software/osx-presentation/
>
> 1. support beamer pdf generated with \setbeameroption{show notes}
> https://bitbucket.org/rndblnch/osx-presentation/issues/58/support-beamer-pdf-generated-with
>
> --
> Renaud Blanch
> http://iihm.imag.fr/blanch/
> mailto:[hidden email]
> tel:+33.4.57.42.14.56

Howdy,

Just to let you know, Présentation is now being distributed in MacTeXtras.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: examples of beamer slides with notes

Renaud Blanch

> Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:14:47 -0500
> From: Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]>
> To: List TeX on Mac OS X Mailing <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] examples of beamer slides with notes
>
>> On Mar 12, 2019, at 1:05 PM, renaud blanch <[hidden email]> wrote:
[…]

>> And finally :
>> I discovered that Pr?sentation.app is now part of MacTeXtras, and it makes me proud :)
>> I would like to know who I should notify when a new version is available to keep the MacTeXtras distribution up to date ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> renaud
>
> Howdy,
>
> Just to let you know, Pr?sentation is now being distributed in MacTeXtras.

Yes, thanks !
In fact, the second part of my initial message was about this inclusion (I shouldn't have mixed two topics in a single message).
So, if I release a new version of Présentation.app, is that you that I should notify to keep MacTeXtras up to date ?

thanks again,

renaud