expansion=default with fontspec in LuaTeX

expansion=default with fontspec in LuaTeX

Thomas Bohn
Hello,

I used to put this into my preamble to get microtype with fontspec working

\newfontfeature{Microtype}{protrusion=default;expansion=default;}

Recently this lead to an error while running luatex:

LuaTeX error (font expansion): font has been expanded with different
expansion step.

Removing this is breaking microtype.

TIA

Thomas
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Re: expansion=default with fontspec in LuaTeX

Peter Dyballa

Am 03.04.2013 um 07:40 schrieb Thomas Bohn:

> Recently this lead to an error while running luatex:

Did you update microtype recently?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me as a German, and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German, and Germany will declare that I am a Jew.
                                – Albert Einstein, 1929

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Peter Dyballa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did you update microtype recently?

It was updated on Mar. 17th. I have installed 16687 and on the server is 29392.

But reverting to it fixed my problem.

Thomas
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Thomas Bohn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It was updated on Mar. 17th. I have installed 16687 and on the server is 29392.

In the documentation of microtype 2.5 I found this:

"Before this package was fully compatible with LuaTEX, the following
method of enabling expansion and protrusion with the fontspec package
was most often recommended on the web and in groups and forums:

\newfontfeature{Microtype}{protrusion=default;expansion=default}
\defaultfontfeatures{Microtype}"

It seems this is no longer required and will even break documents.

Thomas
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Am 03.04.2013 um 13:25 schrieb Thomas Bohn:

> It seems this is no longer required and will even break documents.

So you're using with the new 2.5 version the same syntax as with pdfTeX or XeTeX engines? For example:

        \usepackage[activate={true,nocompatibility},verbose=true]{microtype}

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Der Langsamste, der sein Ziel nicht aus den Augen verliert, geht noch immer geschwinder als jener, der ohne Ziel umherirrt.
                                (Gotthold Ephraim Lessing)

List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/