fancypage

Nitecki, Zbigniew H.
I’m puzzled by the following behavior of Latex:
Some time (perhaps a month) ago, I adapted a fancypagestyle from a colleague to create some classroom notes;  the aim was twofold: to put a header line
on the first page, and to put an underline under the running head in succeeding pages.
I got the effect I wanted.

Now, trying to create another set of notes, I (think I) copied the relevant commands, and ran it;  the succeeding pages do look the way they should,
but the title page ignored the header information altogether.

I then ran a test page, copying what I thought were the relevant commands, but excluding the text, from both source files, hoping to send a “minimal example” of the two sets of notes to illustrate the different behavior.  But the test for the old one (which had achieved the desired effect) didn’t reproduce the behavior I had seen (and desired).  So I enclose my test source and pdf output, and (my apologies for the non-minimality) the original source and
pdf output.  If you compare the first page of the two pdf outputs, they are as I described above (correct header plus title on original, header ignored on
test—but both second pages as desired).  Can anyone tell me what I failed to copy into the test file from the original source file that causes the different behavior?

Original:

Test:

Thanks

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

PowerSeries135F19.tex (19K) Download Attachment
PowerSeries135F19.log (27K) Download Attachment
PowerSeries135F19.pdf (304K) Download Attachment
NotesTest2.tex (1K) Download Attachment
NotesTest2.log (9K) Download Attachment
NotesTest2.pdf (83K) Download Attachment

Re: fancypage

Herbert Schulz
> On Nov 10, 2019, at 1:23 PM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’m puzzled by the following behavior of Latex:
> Some time (perhaps a month) ago, I adapted a fancypagestyle from a colleague to create some classroom notes;  the aim was twofold: to put a header line
> on the first page, and to put an underline under the running head in succeeding pages.
> I got the effect I wanted.
>
> Now, trying to create another set of notes, I (think I) copied the relevant commands, and ran it;  the succeeding pages do look the way they should,
> but the title page ignored the header information altogether.
>
> I then ran a test page, copying what I thought were the relevant commands, but excluding the text, from both source files, hoping to send a “minimal example” of the two sets of notes to illustrate the different behavior.  But the test for the old one (which had achieved the desired effect) didn’t reproduce the behavior I had seen (and desired).  So I enclose my test source and pdf output, and (my apologies for the non-minimality) the original source and
> pdf output.  If you compare the first page of the two pdf outputs, they are as I described above (correct header plus title on original, header ignored on
> test—but both second pages as desired).  Can anyone tell me what I failed to copy into the test file from the original source file that causes the different behavior?
>
> Original:
>

> Test:
>

> Thanks

It appears that you left out a \thispagestyle{firtspagestyle} after the \maketitle.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

NotesTest2.tex (1K) Download Attachment

Re: fancypage

Nitecki, Zbigniew H.
Exactly what I needed.  Thanks!

On Nov 10, 2019, at 16:44, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2019, at 1:23 PM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’m puzzled by the following behavior of Latex:
> Some time (perhaps a month) ago, I adapted a fancypagestyle from a colleague to create some classroom notes;  the aim was twofold: to put a header line
> on the first page, and to put an underline under the running head in succeeding pages.
> I got the effect I wanted.
>
> Now, trying to create another set of notes, I (think I) copied the relevant commands, and ran it;  the succeeding pages do look the way they should,
> but the title page ignored the header information altogether.
>
> I then ran a test page, copying what I thought were the relevant commands, but excluding the text, from both source files, hoping to send a “minimal example” of the two sets of notes to illustrate the different behavior.  But the test for the old one (which had achieved the desired effect) didn’t reproduce the behavior I had seen (and desired).  So I enclose my test source and pdf output, and (my apologies for the non-minimality) the original source and
> pdf output.  If you compare the first page of the two pdf outputs, they are as I described above (correct header plus title on original, header ignored on
> test—but both second pages as desired).  Can anyone tell me what I failed to copy into the test file from the original source file that causes the different behavior?
>
> Original:
>

> Test:
>

> Thanks

It appears that you left out a \thispagestyle{firtspagestyle} after the \maketitle.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
<NotesTest2.tex>

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/