local texmf permissions

Themis Matsoukas-6
After reformatting my mac book pro and installing High Sierra, I manually copy-pasted the local texmf folder into my Library. It works but all files in texfm are locked and High Sierra will not let me unlock them. Is there a quick fix tor this?

Themis
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: local texmf permissions

Themis Matsoukas-6
In the meanwhile, I found a saved copy of my texfm that does not seem to  have this problem.

Themis

> On Sep 21, 2018, at 12:57 PM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> After reformatting my mac book pro and installing High Sierra, I manually copy-pasted the local texmf folder into my Library. It works but all files in texfm are locked and High Sierra will not let me unlock them. Is there a quick fix tor this?
>
> Themis
> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: local texmf permissions

Herbert Schulz
> On Sep 21, 2018, at 12:25 PM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In the meanwhile, I found a saved copy of my texfm that does not seem to  have this problem.
>
> Themis
>

>> On Sep 21, 2018, at 12:57 PM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> After reformatting my mac book pro and installing High Sierra, I manually copy-pasted the local texmf folder into my Library. It works but all files in texfm are locked and High Sierra will not let me unlock them. Is there a quick fix tor this?
>>
>> Themis

Howdy,

By `local texmf' folder I assume you mean your personal texmf folder located in ~/Library. Where did you find the original folder with locked files? (I know you solved your problem but I'm curious.)

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: local texmf permissions

Themis Matsoukas-6

> On Sep 21, 2018, at 1:40 PM, Herbert Schulz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 21, 2018, at 12:25 PM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In the meanwhile, I found a saved copy of my texfm that does not seem to  have this problem.
>>
>> Themis
>>

>>> On Sep 21, 2018, at 12:57 PM, Themis Matsoukas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> After reformatting my mac book pro and installing High Sierra, I manually copy-pasted the local texmf folder into my Library. It works but all files in texfm are locked and High Sierra will not let me unlock them. Is there a quick fix tor this?
>>>
>>> Themis
>
> Howdy,
>
> By `local texmf' folder I assume you mean your personal texmf folder located in ~/Library. Where did you find the original folder with locked files? (I know you solved your problem but I'm curious.)

Herb,

Yes, I am talking about my ~/Library/texmf folder.

The source was the time machine backup I had before reformatting my laptop. A few days after copying the texmf I started using the same external disk as the time machine backup for my reformatted notebook. The disk contains my earlier time machine backups, but as I discovered today, I cannot access them any more (I assume they are recognized as backups of different user account). Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I lost full access to the texmf file I had copied earlier from that disk. Fortunately I am paranoid and run three simultaneous backups of my computer, so I was able to  restore texmf from another backup.

Themis

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/