multido(?) error

Nitecki, Zbigniew H.
I’m trying to draw some phase portraits of 2nd order systems of o.d.e. using the pst-ode package.  I modelled my code after a more elaborate example
on stack exchange.
In the attached code, I get a “forgotten end group” error at line 48 (which reads \end{pspicture}), and if I persist (using r on the console) it tells me the
\begin{pspicture} on line 38 is ended by \end{document} on line 49.  I know my use of ODEsolve is correct, since with parameters entered directly
it works.

Could this have to do with my putting the output of ODEsolve in the file line_ii_ij (inside the top multido)?  I didn’t fully understand the first two
arguments in ODEsolve: the first is the output and the second apparently sets the mode of output (in the documentation the examples just give a name
to the output and use (0 1) for the mode of output).

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155

telephones:
Office    (617)627-3843
Dept.    (617)627-3234
Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

PstTest4.tex (1K) Download Attachment
PstTest4.log (20K) Download Attachment

Re: multido(?) error

Ross Moore-3
Hi Zbigniew,

On 1 May 2020, at 1:57 pm, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’m trying to draw some phase portraits of 2nd order systems of o.d.e. using the pst-ode package.  I modelled my code after a more elaborate example
on stack exchange.
In the attached code, I get a “forgotten end group” error at line 48 (which reads \end{pspicture}), and if I persist (using r on the console) it tells me the
\begin{pspicture} on line 38 is ended by \end{document} on line 49.  I know my use of ODEsolve is correct, since with parameters entered directly
it works.

Aren’t you just missing the  \endpsclip  command.

This works fine for me:

\begin{pspicture}(-5.5,-5.5)(5.5,5.5)

\psclip{\psframe(-5.0,-5.0)(5.0,5.0)}%
%
  %plot the lines previously computed
  \multido{\ii=0+1}{20}{%
    \multido{\ij=0+1}{20}{%
      \listplot{line_\ii_\ij}%
}%
}
\endpsclip
\end{pspicture}

But there is a lot of output into the Console window.
(Not really a typesetting issue, but rather distracting!)

Could this have to do with my putting the output of ODEsolve in the file line_ii_ij (inside the top multido)?  I didn’t fully understand the first two
arguments in ODEsolve: the first is the output and the second apparently sets the mode of output (in the documentation the examples just give a name
to the output and use (0 1) for the mode of output).

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155

telephones:
Office    (617)627-3843
Dept.    (617)627-3234
Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/

Hope this helps.
Stay safe.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: multido(?) error

Luis Sequeira-5
\psclip
is not an environment, it is a Plain Tex command.
The LaTeX way would be to use the environment
\begin{psclip}{....}
\end{psclip}

Sent from my iPhone
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

Re: multido(?) error

Nitecki, Zbigniew H.
Yes, I know.  That is why I didn’t think to look for an “\endpsclip” command when I was trying to find my error.
Anyway, Ross Moore found it for me, and I am grateful.

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/