validating pdf

Murray Eisenberg
Somebody on this list included in an answer to somebody else’s question the recommendation to use

\usepackage[a-2u]{pdfx}

along with (i) a corresponding \jobname.xmpdata file; (ii) appropriate \hyperrefsetup options, including I believe pdfa (which may be redundant); and
(iii) \pdfglyphtounicode commands to permit validation of math font characters.

That works to allow PDF validation of the pdflatex output, at least in some circumstances.

An alternative would be to use the hyperxmp package along with (i) a suitable \jobname metadata.xmp file and (ii) appropriate \hyperrefsetup options, including:

pdfapart=2,
pdfaconformance=u,

But to my consternation, this alternative method does NOT validation for the  math fonts in the way.

Any idea how to make tis alternative way work?

Please see the example that I posted at https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/551233/validate-pdf-with-and-without-pdfx (along with the “related” links I included there).

\usepackage[a-2u]{pdfx}

---
Murray Eisenberg [hidden email]
503 King Farm Blvd #101 Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667 Mobile (413)-427-5334

List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/